Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kao coin prices

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

ブレンダン:D
Level: 588

So I've been getting a lot of duplicate common Kao coins, and I'm trying to save up for a rare/ultra-rare. I'm at 30 points, however, and I haven't seem anything, only common (5 points.) Do I not have enough points for a rare/ultra rare, or can you not buy them?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Current prices are 5 - common, 50 - rare, 100 - ultra rare. Prices may change in the future :)

4 years ago
Report Content

Oohhh, okay. I'd better keep saving! :D

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Side note - a client-side error popped up on this thread, and since it's so new, I thought it might be you. Were you clicking on anything while on this page and something didn't react the way you expected it to ?

Edit: found it!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

The tricky part about saving up is that you only get points for unique duplicates. Meaning, even if you collect e.g. 20 リンゴ you'll only get 1 point for the very first one and none for the rest. That makes saving quite slow...

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

You should be getting one for every duplicate, not unique duplicates...

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Really? You changed that? I remember in the beginning my points wouldn't go up. Since I have many small scheds, I get a lot of moons and apples. So I figured that I only get points for unique duplicates. Can't check that today. But will keep an eye on it.

4 years ago
Report Content

I think the apples and the moons don't count, because I've never gotten points for those.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ah. So, here's the rub. If you get under a small number of correct answers, you are locked into a subset of kao coins. It was put in as a way to keep people from, for example, doing a single question, skipping to the results, and having a chance at a wider range of kao-coins. In this case, one could use that to spam the system and get a whole bunch of points quickly.

So yes, if the # of questions is too low, the duplicates do not go towards points.

4 years ago
Report Content

What's the number? 3?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Ah, so that's it. So I have to make sure my quizzes have more than 5 questions. That's a little bit tricky especially for my kanji scheds, because I don't have a lot in there. And when you have a lot of terms in the upper levels, your quiz numbers also go down.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

How about this? If it's a schedule and they finished what was required, then no penalty. There's no way to cheat that, since the minimum quiz size is 10, so it's only going to be lower than that if they have studied so much that the numbers are really low.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

I didn't know the minimum quiz size is 10, but sounds fine to me.^^

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I was wrong, it's five, sorry!

Anyway, I added in the proposed change.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana