Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - challenge learn new kanji not working and empty schedules

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

espiacent
Level: 759

So yesterday and today one of the daily challenge was to learn new kanji terms. I did learn the required amount but I didn't get the achievement. I just thought I might know the problem, but it didn't do the trick. I thought that if I mark the readings known before then it doesn't work when I learn the kanji, but also if I just learn the kanji normally without changing anything before, the kanji doesn't count. The only thing I maybe do differently is that I move new terms to learn in its own schedule. Interestingly very often after that when I want to open that schedule (it's called "quick_learn") it says it is empty. I can study though by just clicking on the study button in the overview directly. Afterwards when I return to the summary page it still says it is empty. Usually until the next day (at least that is when I check again). So that might be the problem (also, this kind of seems to be a bug as well, it the items aren't refreshing very fast it seems).

Happened again today.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I can say it is definitely because of the marking of the readings. I'll need to think of the best way to fix this.

Can you describe the steps for moving to the quick_learn sched? You say that nothing appears - I'd like to look into this. A set of steps to reproduce it would be great.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I was able to replicate the new kanji issue, and applied a fix. It's going up right now!

4 years ago
Report Content
espiacent

Can you describe the steps for moving to the quick_learn sched?

Thanks for the other fix. I am not sure if that includes this but the steps are more or less random. I just move the kanji from within the dictionary or from another schedule into the quick_learn one by clicking the plus sign. Firstly I then click the quick_learn schedule and then click the old one (if not completely new kanji) to remove it from there.

4 years ago
Report Content
espiacent

Seems not to be completely fixed. Right now I added a kanji to the „quick_learn" sched and when I open the sched it says it is empty.

Edit: Right now I added another term and I could open the schedule and it displayed both terms. After learning and moving them I added another one from another sched, opened the quick_learn sched again and it worked immediately.

4 years ago
Report Content
espiacent

Okay, again on this issue. Today I learned 2 kanji some hours ago, now another one. Can't enter the schedule. Says it's empty. Same sched as before.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry, was busy yesterday getting the last levels into the Adventure kao system. Taking a look at your issue now!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Alright, think I've got it. It looks like it was an edge case where error would occur when a single term was added to a schedule that did not have anything else in it. I tested your sched out with a few terms and it seems to work, but please try it out yourself and let me know what you find!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana