Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - "See more sentences" problem...for multiple pages, always the same sentences

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

dragonlady
Level: 831

Steps:

1. On a vocabulary quiz, click the correct answer, and then move to the next question.

2. On the right-hand side of the screen, in the box where the correct answer is shown, click on "See more sentences."

3. If there are multiple pages of sentences, click on the right or left arrows to see additional sentences.

4. Problem: Even though I've progressed through the pages, the same sentences are always shown. So page 1 of 6 still shows the same examples as page 2 of 6, for example.

The word I was looking at (fittingly enough) was れい().

I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

Thanks for all the hard work on such a great site!

hiqa4tmpotwikw36t2d2jn8cq.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Thanks for the report. I haven't yet been able to replicate it - it might be tied to specific settings on your account.

If you do not have (or are not focused on) vocabulary streaks, I'd like to jump into your account, make a private lesson with just the one word, then see if I can replicate it. Let me know if that's ok. If not, I'll still work on it, just in a different way!

4 years ago
Report Content
dragonlady

Sure, no problem, I'm ok with that. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Thanks again!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Would you mind testing something for me?

Go to Study Center > Me > Assorted Lessons - you'll see the private lesson I made for testing. Try quizzing that, and see if you can reproduce the issue. If you can, please let me know if you took any steps different from what you wrote above. Frustratingly, I cannot replicate the bug (yet)!

4 years ago
Report Content
dragonlady

Good evening,

I just tried the lesson a couple of time, getting the answer both right and wrong, but have not seen the problem reoccur. I don't know what might be different, especially without looking at the code, but I know that one of the only differences I can see is that the sentences displayed are different (at least they're in a different order). That may have nothing to do with it, but I know as a dev and debugger sometimes it can be something that seems really insignificant, so I understand the frustration. I'll keep an eye out if it happens again, but a good thing is it's not a showstopper, and I can continue to enjoy the site with no problem :)

Thanks for looking into it and for your work on the site. I can't say enough how useful and fun it's been for my Japanese studies!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks - a few more questions:

1. Does this happen in vocabulary questions that do NOT have sentence based questions?

2. Does this happen in standalone lessons, schedules, or both?

3. When you say different order, you are referring to the test lesson I made, correct? So 's sentences in the test lesson are in a different order than when you see them (I'm guessing in a schedule).

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
dragonlady

1. All of the vocabulary questions I do don't have sentence-based questions (is there a setting for that?)

2. The first time it happened was in a schedule. I have since tried in a standalone lesson, and added it to a schedule, and I haven't seen the error since then.

3. Yeah, I did mean the lesson you made, and it was different from the order in the screenshot. But, I also put the word in a new lesson, and whenever I've seen the word in that lesson it's not been the same order as in that screen shot. It seems like that particular sentence order as a one-time thing (maybe there were others added since then or something?) I don't believe I've come across that word again outside of lessons to test this issue.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

1. The sentence-based quizzing is part of renshuu pro, so the option only appears if the user is subscribed to pro.

2/3 - Let me know if you see it again. Naturally, it'll be ideal if it can be reliably reproduced, but even if you cannot do so, some other hint might alert me as to what is going on.

Since it will most likely happen inside of a quiz, feel free to use the Problem? button at the top - it sends me a ton of debug data about the quiz along with the error report.

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana