Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Sentence dictionary results are weird

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147

When I search two English words, I get sentences with only one of the words in the results instead of sentences with both like before. For example, searching for grocery shopping returns results with only shopping, searching for other than returns results with only than.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Should be better, although I'm not sure it is fixed entirely. "grocery shopping" now returns nothing (doesn't exist anywhere), and "other than" returns results with "other than" in it!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Thanks. Any way to get those results with both of the words prioritized? For other than, I now get sentences containing both words, but they only start on page two of the results.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll see what I can do - I've been doing a lot of optimization on the site lately, and one of the sticking points was the search engine for the sentences. I've made some changes that greatly sped it up, but the results are not yet ideal. I'll keep working on it!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Cool, thanks!
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Can you give me a specific example of the search, and a few of the sentences that are appearing "out of order"?

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana