Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Extreme slowdowns in Pale Moon, all fine in Firefox?

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

SirEdgar
Level: 1241

I noticed that the site is extremely unresponsive in the Pale Moon browser v28.9.3 (Firefox fork). Switching pages, answering questions, etc. lead to loading circules taking 10+ seconds to even minutes.

I switched browsers to Firefox 76.0.1 and now the page is as responsive as ever (i.e. switching pages/answering questions "feels" instantaneous again). The slowdowns are still present in Pale Moon, so I guess this is not me just having switched browsers the moment potential server-based sluggishness resolved.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Have you tried in private browsing mode to make sure it is not any kind of extension/plugin causing the error?

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241

No, I haven't at that time as it unfortunately did not occur to me to try this.

Interestingly it is all fine now again, so I am not sure what exactly this was - today morning it was just consistently slow loading any page/quiz responses and for it was for renshuu exclusively [I was also doing WaniKani and Bunpro in the same browser session like I always do in the mornings and those did not behave differently than usual - I also have them both open right now while I am typing this from Pale Moon).
I first thought it was just extra slow servers today or something until I out of curiousity tried it in FIrefox where it was lightning fast.

I will certainly attempt it with Pale Moon Private Browsing mode the next time this happens and/or start turning some plug.ins on/off to see if I can nail it down to a specific one that might be causing this.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Thanks. It is indeed a strange issue - I'm hoping that it was just something like a bad cache issue within the browser that was throwing it off. We'll see!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana