Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [DISCUSSION] Adventure Mode

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 2

マイコー
Level: 261

Finished changes

1. There is a 35% reduction in XP rate based on your overall level. It is 0% reduction from levels 0 to 30. From levels 30 to 100, it is a linear increase from 0 to 35% decrease in XP. After level 100, it stays at 35%.

Planned changes

1. up to xx% (undecided) decrease in XP rate if you are not studying every day. Here's the planned specifics:

Does not activate until L15. Do not want to scare off new users!

Each day, the site will check your last 7 days. It'll get a percentage of days during which you studied. How much you studied that day will not be considered. I do not think people are going to log in, study 2 terms, then log out.

If you studied all 7 of the last 7 days, you'll get the maximum XP rate. If you studied 3 out of 7, that's 43%, or .41, your XP rate will only be 1 - .41 * XX, where XX is the maximum penalty for this. I do not think it'll be huge, maybe 25%?

2. Personal bonuses. Activates at level 15. The site will choose 2 days that you study the least on. You'll get a xx% bonus on your XP those days.

3. HARD mode. Instead of just reducing XP rate, this will increase a different metric. Currently, to get 100 XP, you must study 105% of your average for the last week (the average being made up of days when you did some studying, so no-study days do not affect the number). Hard and Very hard mode will increase that percentage to encourage you to study more.

[note: a lot of these values will be made visible on the "back" adventure panel so you can see how you're doing, and it's not just a single multiplier you cannot break down]

4. Preview evolutionary changes. I think this might be a good way to utilize items. Get an item (Eye of seeing, or something) by doing some small study task, and you can see what's coming up.

5. Reset evolutionary changes - This might be an item as well. Use it, and you'll jump back five levels.
6. Monsters - I'm still thinking about it, will write out more later. VERY excited about it, though.

I would love comments and criticism for anything in here.

4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 874

I think the point about XP being affected by the number of days a week you study is a great way to encourage consistency! I like that it won't be tied to the amount of studying done, as that simplifies it for the user. Having a motivation mechanic that's just geared towards habit-building rather than amount studied is really valuable.

I'm also excited for the calculations in the adventure panel (or anywhere obvious). Being able to quickly reference what you're doing that's effecting your growth rate and how will hopefully help with focussing on weaker areas.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Hey look at that!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

There's a bit of string in mine.

yyigbvjbev84asfax5a2b56u7.jpg

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Should be fixed!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

When I click my Kao-chan to access the background info, the X button to close the background view doesn't seem to work.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

There was some overlap with the tab menu. I dropped the menu down a bit, so it should be good now!

4 years ago
Report Content
ブレンダン:D
Level: 588

Whenever I get a new Kao-manga page, it gives me two instead of one.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Has this happened every time, or just this one time?

4 years ago
Report Content

It's happened twice so far: from L77 - L78 (Pages 34, 33) and L74 - L75 (Pages 31, 32)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, then in that case, I believe it should be fixed!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Do you actually have Manga beyond L41?
If you get 1 page per 3 levels, wouldn't that give you 33 pages by L99? Or how exactly does this system work? And I wonder when I'll be due with new pages...

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

We've got a backlog of sketches, just haven't had time to turn them into finished pages :(

4 years ago
Report Content

Ok, then in that case, I believe it should be fixed!

Fixed, thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Is it possible to get a notification that a new manga page has been unlocked? I only discovered the latest page by chance.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It usually gives you a message during the level up. Do you think it was possible that the notice was there, but not obvious/clear enough?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

I don't know. If there was any notice, I certainly didn't see it.

I remember in the beginning there was an additional pop-up that informed me about the manga. I didn't get anything like that this time.

Is it included now in the regular level up pop-up? Or were is it supposed to show?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

I definitely am not getting notifications either. I only notice the updates when the thumbnail changes.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's in the level up notification. It's kinda a bit too subtle. You should probably make level up notifications that include manga update notifications stand out more, or use a separate notification for the manga like before.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm going to avoid double notifications one after another, so let me work on making it more obvious :).

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

This should be better!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana