Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Small issue (Suddenly became three bugs when reporting)

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Noneuclidery
Level: 95

I normally use firefox, which allows

Android device/model: Nexus 7 Plus

Android OS version: 10

App version: (this number is listed at the bottom of the navigation menu in the app)

Where is the problem occurring (what page): (example: kanji crossword page, in vocab quizzing, etc.)

**If possible, give the specifics of where you are. Example: if you are in a crossword, you could say "I am doing the June 2020 crossword #4"

What is happening: (example: I click on X, but nothing happens)

If possible, please submit a screenshot with your problem reports.

4 years ago
Report Content
Noneuclidery

Oh wow, it completely destroyed my bug report. O_o

Everything after I clicked on the android version was lost.

4 years ago
Report Content
Noneuclidery

1. Text selection bug.

Android device/model: Nexus 7 Plus

Android OS version: 10

App version: 1.0.20200618

Where is the problem occurring (what page): Results screen, dictionary, and dashboard, though I assume everywhere.

What is happening: When I select Japanese text, it only selects a single character, and I have to manually expand the selection. I normally use Firefox on my phone, which selects the whole "word".

vehgs5kycs32srtwv6264k6z8.png

2. Forum post loss bug.

Where is the problem occurring (what page): Forum.

What is happening: I clicked on the app version number to see if I could copy it and paste it into my forum post. It instead took me to a debug screen. When I came back, I could continue to write my post, but when I clicked "submit", it only submitted what the post was when I went to the debug page, losing everything else I did.

3. Insert screenshot bug.

Where is the problem occurring (what page): Forum.

What is happening: When I click the "insert image" icon, nothing happens at all. I can't add my screenshot to the first bug on this list. Looks like I can on Firefox, so I'll upload the screenshot with that.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Thanks for the report! #2 has been causing some problems for awhile, so I'm happy to see that your information led to a way to reproduce it.

1. I cannot yet replicate this. I've got Android 11 on my phone (big mistake, still buggy), but I do have some ideas. Go to the worksheets page under Learn, try and highlight the プリント on there, (as well as the term just to the left of this) and let me know what the results are.

3. I have not yet been able to replicate this. Can I have you click your avatar on your dashboard, and try to update it? I want to see if this is an uploading issue, or a forum issue.

Side note: that debug window was for a specific user, and it'll be removed from the version going out today.

4 years ago
Report Content
Noneuclidery

1. Huh. It selects the entire word プリント. Further, if I then copy it into the dictionary and select the text in the text box, it also works. Same in the dictionary results. If I type in ありがとう and select it in the text box, it only selects a single kana. But if I select the first result the dictionary returns, it selects the whole word. I dunno if it's relevant, but I guess the app uses a google chome-esque app library? That might be variable by Android installation?

3. Uploading a new avatar seems to work fine. The forum add-image button doesn't even open the popup for uploading an image.

Glad I could help with #2!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

1. I'm worried that this is something I will not be able to fix, as it sounds like an issue with Webview, which is (I'm oversimplifying it a bit) basically a headless copy of Chrome that can be used inside of an app. The version does vary from device to device, but I could only imagine this being an issue on a really old phone that has some limitation preventing it from getting updated all the way.

3. I'll keep at it with this one. It's probably going to be tricky until if/when I can get a reproducible case on this end. What about this - if you click the little mail icon next to my name, and send me a private message, can you send the image there? If not, please go to my profile and try from there (as in, not a forum page).

4 years ago
Report Content
Noneuclidery

1. Yeah, I was worried that might be the case. No worries.

3. Ah! I've got it! It was suddenly working again, so I recreated the original circumstances by going to another page and pressing the back button, and the image button failed again! So, basically, whatever causes #2 probably also causes this!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

Also seeing bugs similar to #2/3 in mobile Firefox. Going to a forum thread, then going to another page, then using the back button causes the comment box to break, even if it hadn't been opened previous to leaving the forum page.

1. Trying to add an image makes the page jump to the top of the thread.

2. Trying to submit a comment generates the following error:

ubhdzdnuatpgktkrmzct8ky48.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, this is embarrassing. I had not uploaded the change I originally referenced a couple of days ago. Going back to the forum page should work correctly now. Let's see if any of these issues still remain!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

Comment box seems to be behaving normally after using the back button now.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana