Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Sentences search improvements

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

hogacz
Level: 73

I think Tatoeba did such thing some time ago. Basically if I'm searching for example sentences I usually want the shortest or to be able to reveal longer sentences gradually. Such sorting would allow that. I have also other ideas/requirements about sentences searching and collecting but they are/will be mentioned in separate topics.

I believe such ordering by length with shortest first could just be a real quick win.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

You're right, that was quick. I went ahead and threw it into the beta version of the site (dictionary only).

And regarding the other ideas you have, let's keep them all in this one thread (I'll adjust the title).

4 years ago
Report Content
hogacz

Thanks, great! It's helping me a lot already!

4 years ago
Report Content
hogacz

Hi, is it a bug this time? For sure it's not an expected behavior, even if it can be explained.

Please search sentences for える. Results look lite this:

zz8nkomw7hgkfhvx0474ym27k.png

There is no "える" occurrence at all there. I also tried double and single quotes but there is no difference.

When searching for the word and then clicking "sentences" link, correct results appear. I think I've seen similar issue in some other website, maybe you are all using some 3rd party library / service / data set for searching that has such kind of problem?

4 years ago
Report Content
hogacz

Feature request: could you also make sentences sorted (shortest first) in a panel that shows up when you click "Sentences" link in a dictionary / word search results panel ?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

So sorry, I somehow didn't see these two posts. I'll look into the issue and the request, and get back to you soon!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I haven't adjusted the sort order yet, but as long as you are in beta, I think the searching itself should be better.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The patch will not go up until Friday morning (Japan time), but I removed the sort by length as a default, and moved it into a setting under Sentences in the settings panel. Additionally, this setting will affect both sentence searching as well as when sentences appear as a list in the dictionary (under a word).

4 years ago
Report Content
hogacz

Thanks, sorting configuration is working as well as "える" case seems fixed!

BTW I also did not notice any red indicator on my mail icon so I almost missed your replies. I think it could be because I had this thread page open, and I was just refreshing it with F5 and looking at the upper right corner to see if there is anything new, not looking into the contents of the page. Seems that refreshing the page was turning the alert off. This is somehow logical, however from UX (my personal) point of view, I'd prefer to have to explicitly mark such messages as read to turn "new!" notifications off for them. This is the pain in various messaging and email interfaces. But this is other topic and not the crucial one.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I think this is an edge case, one that might be better handled by a setting in the inbox then requiring a marking of the alert as read by default. Since the inbox already has a separate settings area, I'll try and find some time and stick it in there.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana