Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [Discussion] Counter Punch

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 2 of 3

Vague
Level: 493

Cute game! Maybe add somewhere on the main page or the instructions modal the number of monsters you have to defeat? When I started the game I was wondering how long I would be playing.

4 years ago
Report Content
マリメリ
Level: 241

Thanks for the feedback. A few questions - was this after, for example, you defeated a monster?

And when you said the quiz content didn't change, do you mean that the previous answers (green and red boxes) remained, or that they previous question disappeared, but nothing new came?

Sorry, this reply came out late. It was by the 2nd question so I was in the midst of defeating the monster. The previous answers remained, the question disappeared. Even though nothing new came up, my hp bar got attacked so I left the game midway.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Vague: I'll think on that! It's actually number of questions, not monsters (except boss battles, in which it ends when you defeat the boss). I'll add in a little visual marker later today.

メリメリ - thanks for the feedback. You said the question was gone, but the answers remained. So, did it look like this? (Can ignore the battle field at the top)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Update!

# of problems left in the round now shown

2 new monsters (in the later levels) added, including one with an extra visual change for that bonus かわいそう feeling.

4 years ago
Report Content
マリメリ
Level: 241

Vague: I'll think on that! It's actually number of questions, not monsters (except boss battles, in which it ends when you defeat the boss). I'll add in a little visual marker later today.

メリメリ - thanks for the feedback. You said the question was gone, but the answers remained. So, did it look like this? (Can ignore the battle field at the top)

pzxvm2wgq5hrzh85w4jhcr8wa.png

Yup.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I've made several changes since you had the bug happen, including additional logging that should help if it happens again. Do let me know if you have another instance of it (or anything else). Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
olpe
Level: 1240

Is it possible to make timer optional? I prefer games without timer (not so much pressure). In L10 is it way too fast (al least for me and I'm N4 level).

4 years ago
Report Content
Vague
Level: 493

Noticed a small mistake! On the intro modal for the text under the tree reads “tree (/ほん)”, shouldn’t it be “き”? (Unless there’s some obscure reading for that I wasn’t aware of :P)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Fixed it - probably had ほん on the mind when I was adding those images!

olpe - seems like a reasonable request! I'll be adding a settings panel later this week with this and other options to help users customize the game to fit their needs.

4 years ago
Report Content
alex2069
Level: 134

Hey, more games is great, especially for annoying counters!

My one complaint would be the hiragana-only options - it feels unnatural and clumsy to read all that hiragana when normally you'd get Kanji or numerals in there as well. Sometimes I'd accidentally select じゅっ instead of じゅう or whatever it was in the section, which came to be quite frustrating.
Of course seeing as the point is to teach the different readings it can't really be helped, so not sure of a good solution to this lol.
Can you confirm if the "fill-in-the-blank answers" mode is typing the reading rather than clicking from multiple choice? (if it's not could this be a mode?)

Also, I assume it's planned (in which case I vote for it), but if not, would it be possible to get counters for days and maybe people?
Some of the first 10 days (& day 20) particularly can be a bit of a pain to recall sometimes.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

1. Kanji will without a doubt be an option. It'll work best in boss levels since they utilize multiple counters, as well as the endless mode I'm building. In the other levels, I hesitate to add them, because since those only deal with a single kanji/counter, it would turn into a "which numeric kanji is correct".

2. Fill in the blank is typing, yes! I am leaning towards it being part of the pro portion of the game, but I have not yet decided exactly where to draw the line. During the beta round, though, all features will be open for everyone to use.

3. Days and People are coming. :)

4 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
Level: 223

This is fantastic. Having the time limit helped me to know rather than count the items in Japanese, automatic recall to a time limit was something I needed to work on. One small issue I found, as you get more objects the objects stay the same size and push the answers off the page. Would it be possible to make the items a bit smaller please?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Glad you like it! This system will be available in general studying as well after it matures somewhat!

Regarding the size issue, what is your viewport size? https://whatismyviewport.com/

4 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
Level: 223

I'm not sure, I am on a desktop, usin chrome.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry - there is a link in that post - if you click it, it will give you the information you need :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Update!!!

Settings added:

Time - you can speed up, slow down, or turn off the timer @olpe

Answer type - you can enable kanji answers on any levels that involve multiple counters @alex2069

Answer method - fill in the blank has been added @alex2069

4 years ago
Report Content
alex2069
Level: 134

Just tried the typing method and definitely my preferred way to do it - much more interactive.
It generally works well, but found a bug;

If I type too quickly the last "i" doesn't change to "い" quick enough and I get a "failure"
> いちまi → いちまい

In a couple of cases it even showed failure as: いちまい → いちまい (in one case for a split second it showed as "i" and changed to "い" as failure message).

Edit: And for the second set of questions I got these failures;
> さんばn → さんばん
then I figured I'd try double tap 'n' to trigger the change quicker but got;
> さんばnn → さんばん

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

*laughs* I'm sure I can get that fixed! Pushing an update in a few minutes with more levels, and I'll make sure this is working as well!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Update:

New levels added: (for calendar dates)

Improvement: can no longer type so quickly that the site doesn't translate the romaji before checking it :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Endless mode has been added! This is the last real feature for this game. Choose as many or as few as you'd like and go as far as you can!

Currently, there is a 10% (multiplicative) bump in speed and monster attack power at every level. Levels are 25 questions long.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana