Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [Discussion] New Grammar study modes

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 2

マイコー
Level: 262

Two new study modes are now available for grammar!

This is available to renshuu pro members, and mimics the JLPT quizzing style where you have to assemble the sentence in your head, then choose the word that goes where the star is.

This one is available to all users, but of course, renshuu pro users get a much wider selection of sentences to study from. You just have to drag and drop the parts of the sentence!

These are now available in regular quizzing from the Study Center as well as schedules.

Let me know if you have any issues or thoughts!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

It would be nice if there was a bit more space between the boxes you drag to or if they were bigger, as it's a bit difficult to do on mobile. Also, if you have to move a segment after dragging it into position, things get buggy (the segment gets duplicated and/or other segments disappear). A reset button like with kanji drag and drops would also be nice.

edit: Also, it looks like questions answered using the new question styles in a schedule do not count towards the daily study goal.

mipqra47dcvve7ygkafzqxv8f.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I just added a bit more space, but I do not intend on making them any larger.

I cannot replicate the "duplication" issues - are you doing this on Firefox Mobile? I do not want to add a reset, so I'd prefer to fix this issue.

The daily study goal - are you referring to the schedule one?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Using Firefox mobile, yes. For the question in the screenshot, the parts were , になっている, に, and いない. I dragged one of the parts into the wrong place, and tried to drag it to another place that already had a word in it. The result was the above, with いない duplicating, and になっている and に disappearing.

As for the study goal, yes, the schedule one. It only goes down and counts a term as studied if it wasn't answered using the new question types.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Got it - it's not happening in chrome, so might be firefox specific.Will check it out.

The daily study goal issue should be resolved.

4 years ago
Report Content
DianaVS
Level: 20

Just wanted to jump in and say that these two new quiz modes are GREAT, thank you!! ^_^

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

Ahem... What exactly is wrong with this answer?

58s4rvqm4c7d3w428z0knk647.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Oh, nice catch! It currently does checking placed on location in the sentence, not contents. I'll add this check in right now.

Edit: fixed.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Update: if you are not the dragging type, a single click/touch will put the selected piece into the next available spot.

Bug: the site is not yet as smart as it should be when it comes to ambiguous answers, for example:

AとBはだちです.

Ideally, the site will accept A and B in either order. There are several other grammar situations like this, and I'll be building rules for them into the site as they come by. Please report (in quiz) any time you enter an answer that you feel is also correct.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

That new one-click mode seems a bit buggy. When a sentence starts with a blank (as in the image below) I usually cannot get the word to react to the one-click and I have to drag it to the first spot. For the following parts it works fine again. (firefox on win7)

mu55ozq52p8wnxbob3jkg34h7.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

So, if they're is at least one word before, it works alright?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Nevermind, found the issue. Will update later this evening!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

After each word is dragged into place, a duplicate appears in the next slot.

4z4hhiup7sqbqg0gztrzmg6hc.pnghssbp7nukmotqh8rv2emppdov.png
4 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1604

I'm getting that same bug, using app:

fwrkafgcs3hdi3txjkpjv3j2v.jpg

And sometimes there's also a double in the word bank as well

53j00owiciizi642gc6ggnuei.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks, both of you! I was able to replicate the bug, and I believe I have it now working in all situations:

1. Drag (mobile)

2. Tap (mobile)

3. Drag (mouse)

4. Tap (mouse)

5. Drag (touch screen desktop)

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

It looks like some of the sentences maybe causing formatting issues similar to previous issues with wrapping/zoom in the grammar library. This is the result of zooming out in quiz, probably caused by one of the previous questions:

kxe7cnmgzfxz4cuvyxpkxqcx0.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Hmm - let me know if you see a question where it is actually sticking out. Although, it may be caused by this: https://www.renshuu.org/index.php?page=community/forum_topic&topic_id=8414&post_id=latest#latest, which is getting a fix in a couple of minutes.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

There is now a simple system in place for eliminating ambiguous answers. Example:

AとBはだちです。

Without having the translation, this could be jumbled as AとB as well as BとA. The site will now prevent pieces that can be interchanged from appearing as movable pieces at the same time.

That being said, there are only a few rules in place so far. Do not hesitate to report in-quiz if you see any cases that you feel have multiple correct answers!

4 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
Level: 223

Thank you for adding the rearranging the words section. This is helping me a lot. I find making the sentences with preknown words better for building an understanding of the grammar pattern. Would it be possible to make the boxes you drop into a little larger target zone please?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Do you mean the width of the boxes, perhaps? The height matches the sentence, but the widths are pretty small/narrow.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana