Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Quizz status incorrect on the dashboard after a change in their settings

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

sand_eto
Level: 199

Quiz status appears as "studied" on the dashboard, though not the case, the following day after a change in their settings (e.g. the number of terms to be studied). To get the correct status, I need to actually enter the quiz overview page. Once that is done, returning to the dashboard does show the correct status for that/those quiz(zes).
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Thanks for the report. When you say a change, you are not referring to a change in the settings that you make, but the system rolling over the data to the next day, correct?

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

Yes. The requested change(s) is/are correctly validated and implemented. E.g. say after I completed a quiz and I requested right after that for more or fewer words to be studied next time {that is generally how I do it, in response to the number of words to be studied the next day}, then somehow, the next day on the dashboard that specific quiz status would appear as if I have already studied it for the day (i.e. showing the link to it without any number of words to be studied just as it appears after I have finished the quiz) though I have not, but entering the quiz summary page itself, it would indeed acknowledge that there are words to be studied and entering the quiz mode itself would roll through the correct number of words.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the delay. One more point of clarification. When you say "more or fewer words to be studied next time", which setting exactly are you referring to? What name is given to the setting on the settings page?

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

No worries. Here below a concrete example:

My_Quizz -> Settings -> [in the "General" panel]: Quiz size ["let say I change it from 30 to 50"] (from 5 to 500 questions)

In the hope that it is what you are after.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

*laughs* now I am more confused than I was before. Let me lay out a full set of steps, and please correct me where I am wrong. My guess is that I'm leaving out some steps.

Let's assume the schedule is called ABC.

1. On dashboard, ABC has 100 terms to study.

2. Study ABC (50 questions in quiz).

3. After, it shows 50 more terms to study.

4. Study again, finish.

5. Finish page shows: no more terms left for today.

6. You go to summary page of schedule. It shows you have 70 terms to study for tomorrow.

7. Go to settings, change quiz size to 70. Save.

8. Return to dashboard.

9. Dashboard, correctly, says "hey, you have no terms to study today."

10. Wait until next day.

11. Reload dashboard. It says "hey, ABC has no terms to study today."

12. Click ABC and go to schedule summary.

13. Summary page says "You have 70 terms to study." You can successfully start a quiz from here.

How does this look? My point of confusion is that changing the quiz size should have 0 affect on any summary data, as it only gets checked when you start a quiz (and it says, hey, how many questions should I make for this quiz).

Alternately, if the above is correct, what if I cut out steps 3 and 4, so there are still 50 more terms to study. You then go to the summary page and change the quiz size. Will the dashboard after this correctly show 50 terms to study, or will it show it as finished?

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

Your summary is right: it does not change the actual summary page (i.e., the "preamble-page" to the actual quiz): this page displays the correct information regarding the number of terms to be studied.

If I do not study extra terms: i.e. just study once and then still have 50 terms to study, changing the number in the quiz settings will be such that, on that very day on the dashboard it will tell me:

- you have still 50 terms to study"

But the day after I'd get the quiz appearing as a fully-studied type on the dashboard. Entering its summary page would provide me with the correct info:

- you have, say now: 75 terms to study

& let me study the correct number of terms (as in the current setting parameters).

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

hum actually I had one of my quiz of today appearing as "fully-studied" though I know it wasn't right now.

I entered the summary page and on this occasion it did insist that I had "0 terms to study today"...

I decided to "refreshed" {within} the summary page itself which triggered an update to the right/expected amount of terms to study. Then for the sake of it I went back to the dashboard and now it shows the quiz as it should with the right number of terms to study!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Alright, thanks. I have a suspicion that it doesn't have to do with the quiz setting you are referring to, and that it may just be coincidence.

Although I cannot reproduce the issue, I have an idea as to what may help it. I just put the change in, so let's see if we have any improvement.

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

Great thanks: the buggy quiz behaviour of yesterday led me to the same conclusion as I am pretty sure that I did not temper with its settings the day before.

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

Hi,

Just an update on this. Since it is still happening once in a while, I've tried to think harder on what could be the cause of this behaviour and I think that perhaps it is due to the fact that I've changed my "end of the day" to 02h00 instead of the default 00h00, as it is also from around that time that I started to temper my settings more often ...

It just so happen that I would generally change my settings to modify the number of terms to be studied these days when I am a tight in time and do study after midnight ... That would also explain why this behaviour also happened for the quiz for which I did not change the settings as I reported (I am pretty sure that I studied this one after midnight too!).

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

So, you are actively (as in, not once and done, but based on your situation for the day) adjusting the "end of the day" value?

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

No: I did it just once. Perhaps about a month and a half ago I'd say, as more and more often I could not finish all my quizzes before 00h00.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Strange...

That being said, I currently have another user that either has a similar or the same bug, and for them, it is repeating almost every rotation, so we are currently working to knock it out. I'll let you know when that happens, and you can see if it helps your situation as well.

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

Great thanks!!

4 years ago
Report Content
JCG813
Level: 364

Ah, I see I wasn't the only one with this happening after all. If I didn't tell you already マイコー , I wound up just putting my reset time back to 00:00 and everything has shown correctly on my dashboard since.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Yea, you did tell me, thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana