Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - on-yomi / kun-yomi search for the kanji dictionary

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

sand_eto
Level: 199

That'd be really great if we could search the kanji dictionary with an additional "on-yomi"/"kun-yomi" filtering :S:D.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Can you give an example of a search you'd like to be able to do?

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

For instance let's say "kan" is entered in the fieldbox of the kanji dictionary and e.g. in the advanced Filters, similarly as the JLPT filter say, there would be the possibility to filter for "kun-yomi" or "on-yomi" if ticked.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

So, instead of searching against both reading types, just limit it to one? Since the search system accepts multiple parameters (such as searching for かん and 6-10), I'd hesitate to add a filter, since I'm not sure that is really a filter. A better way would probably be something added to the search value itself to say "hey, only search for onyomi" or whatever. Maybe something like onyomi=kan or kunyomi=kan .

What do you think?

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

I guess if you don't think that this qualifies for a filter this alternative would work. But it is not so intuitive and typos can easily be made ... Perhaps then, having e.g. a/2 wee button(s) near the search textfield box that would fill in for you in the box "onyomi=" or "kunyomi=" would do the trick?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

well, since = is not really used in searching, I could accept something much simpler like o= k= without it conflating with other natural usages.

I probably cannot get this into the current beta, but hopefully in the next round! Got a ton to do, including two more games I've already got built up in my head.

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto

Fair enough. Great to hear that it is now in your list to be considered for the next beta version. Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana