Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [WANTED] Volunteers for Grammar Lists

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

マイコー
Level: 261

This beta round is about to end, and a new one will start mid July!

One of the features of the next round will be user-made grammar lists, now that the new quiz types allow us to step outside of the pre-made JLPT groupings.

If you are interested in building lists for a particular textbook or test prep book, let me know and I'll add you to private beta of the feature, when it's available.

Example:

I want to make lists for まとめ N3 grammar

I want to make lists for Genki Vol I

Thanks in advance!

4 years ago
Report Content
VorpalPlayer
Level: 1374

I can do Tobira, I think. Not sure what you need, though. I can go through the grammar lists and add the expressions...is that what you need?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry I wasn't clearer!

When this is ready, you will be able to go to the Study Center, click New Lesson, and a Grammar button will be available. In the same way that many have made their own vocab/kanji/sentence lessons, you'll be able to search the grammar library, put together a list of grammar, and save the lesson.

My hope is that we will be able to better match the study patterns of more people if they can choose, for example, Tobira, lesson 4, and have most (if not all) of the same grammar available on renshuu for studying.

4 years ago
Report Content
VorpalPlayer

Sure. I’m in for Tobira.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

I've got a book called こう (got tobira, too). This may not be mainstream, though.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

There's not really a filter exactly - any textbook will probably be of use to at least a few people.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Well, I guess I could add that, then...

4 years ago
Report Content
DianaVS
Level: 20

I'm doing マスターN2, sign me up! :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Hello! I finished building this today! I'll be sending each of you a link to a google spreadsheet with instructions.

It's surprisingly painless - I did the Genki II book in about an hour, and that was only because I was fixing issues as I went along.

Also - the site has about 800 entries in the grammar library, so if you cannot find something, there is a good chance it's just a search issue. try using English, or try using a smaller part of the verb phrase. (For example, Genki II listed そうです, but it comes up as そう here).

Also, if you are doing a book that has some very, very fundamental things, we may not have an entry for it yet. Use the spreadsheet for that!

@DianaVS @Karlla @VorpalPlayer

4 years ago
Report Content
VorpalPlayer

I am still not clear on what you need me to do. From what I gather, I am to go through the grammar lists in Tobira and see if there is a lesson available on Renshuu. If not, then add a lesson? And how do I even do that? Copy out the info from Tobira?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

There is no need to copy anything! Most textbooks will have 4-8 grammar points mentioned per chapter/lesson. Using the link inside of the spreadsheet, you can make a new grammar lesson. A grammar lesson is made simply by searching for each grammar point in the same way you might search for them in the dictionary. The results come up, you click add, and when you have the 4-8 expressions, you hit save and move onto the next chapter.

That being said, this is entirely a volunteer effort - I have Tobira, so I will get around to it eventually if no one else does. I am thrilled for any help, but it is certainly not required nor expected.

4 years ago
Report Content
VorpalPlayer

Tobira chapters have about 15 grammar points per chapter. Chapter 1, #1 is (で/から)できる. i find nothing when I search Renshuu. #2 is "Adjective-stem+さ). Not even sure how to search for that point. What am I doing wrong here?

4 years ago
Report Content
DianaVS
Level: 20

I have started with マスターN2, unless I am missing something, in the "Search for grammar" box only one entry can be searched for at a time, is this correct? Would it be possible to enter several lines and then search, like in the vocab lessons? Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll see what I can do, but it'll take awhile to put together.

as to how to do it, I'll put together a video later!

4 years ago
Report Content
VorpalPlayer

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

@DianaVS - It was easier than I thought, please give it a try. Going to sleep, though, so if there's an issue, it'll have to be tomorrow!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

I find tis more complicated than I thought.
I've only worked through only 3 chapters yet and I cannot seem to find most of the grammar from my book. In other occasions I find something similar, but it seems incomplete or not quite the same as my textbook and I don't know how to handle it.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Don't worry about it! I'm still looking at the best way to handle this. Even when I was doing genki, which is pretty simple, I still had to make decisions based on being fairly familiar with the materials inside of renshuu.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana