Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Multiple coins for large quizzes

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

shirokitsune
Level: 1023

I know I posted this when coins first started but some time have elapsed and I could not find the previous entry so I am posting again. Now that there are a lot of coins I feel that larger quizzes should have more coins at the end. I want to set a quiz size of 300, as that would motivate me to do one quiz a day and cover a lot of material, but currently I have to do multiple small quizzes to get the coins and the coin screen slows down my pace. I feel we need a range for multiple coins though. If you decide that 20 questions is the minimum for a random coin then every 20 questions in a test should reward a coin. This means that if you answer say 39 questions you would only get one coin and if you answer 50 you would only receive 2 coins. The other option I was thinking was that for quizzes under 125 reward mainly normal coins. Quizzes between 125 and 250 reward mainly silver coins and quizzes above 251 reward mainly gold coins. Those numbers are for the amount of questions that were correct without using the "mark as correct" or add to the end of the quiz buttons. So if you set a quiz size of 125 and get 100% you would have a high chance of getting a silver coin but if you made a mistake you would drop down to the normal coin rank. This gives some incentive not to set your quiz size limit to the border for coins. Also I think with the new rewards system that give you points for already collected coins if you are doing quizzes that have high sets of questions you have the potential to get multiple coins by receiving an already collected silver or gold coin which could be traded for multiple normal coins.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

To be honest, coins are somewhat at the back of my mind as of late. I have no intention of getting rid of them, but I am a bit concerned about the direction they are taking. I do wish they had more structure than just a "collect more and more of a growing collection". Not quite sure how to handle that.

I'll keep your idea in mind, and would love to hear what other people think about it! I do not expect to be doing any major changes to the coin system in the next beta, though (it's already packed full with to-do stuff!).

4 years ago
Report Content
shirokitsune
Level: 1023

I am interested in what your next set of plans for the beta are!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I'll have news soon enough! The focus is on games, sentences, grammar, and more helping-tools for new users.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana