Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kana + small vowel shortcuts in the romaji converter

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

gillianfaith
Level: 878

The romaji-to-kana coverter on Renshuu doesn't seem to support all of the shortcuts for kana + small vowel combinations that can be typed in an IME or Jisho, which save keystrokes and are a bit more intuitive (IMO) than using x/l to force individual small kana.

These combinations (and their ゛ counterparts) don't parse:
クァ/クィ/クェ/クォ (kwa/kwi/kwe/kwo)
スァ/スィ/スェ/スォ (swa/swi/swe/swo)
ツァ/ツィ/ツェ/ツォ (tsa/tsi/tse/tso)
トァ/トィ/トゥ/トェ (twa/twi/twu/twe)

edit: テャ/ティ/テョ (tha/thi/tho) work and デュ (dhu) works but テュ (thu) does not. I'm not sure that combo is even in any words, but it's odd that it's left out of the set.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Thanks for the post! I'll get this added into the upcoming beta.

Note: at some point, I'm going to add a toggle so you can switch it to katakana, but it's not yet available.

4 years ago
Report Content
JCG813
Level: 364

I just today used swe in a listening vocab quiz where sweden came up. スウェーデン is typed by entering su we - de nn. It took me 3 tries to figure out how to input it after su ue - de nn didn't work. Maybe you could try this kind of pattern for the mentioned non-parsing kana and see if it takes, gillianfaith?

Edit: just realized that my usage was スウェ, which isn't the same thing as what you are pointing out :/.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana