Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Night Mode makes text almost invisible during crosswords

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

|マルコ|
Level: 110
4ocvv07rt8svu4vmowgaokdit.png

I've input 2 words in the crossword above, but they are almost impossible to see when night mode is turned on

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

As I make changes to the site's dark mode, it's going to come in conflict with values saved by some of you older users back when I had that color panel open when the dark mode was being developed.

In this case, it'S the crossword's background color that has been updated to better fit dark mode, but your old value is overwriting it.

I can remove that one value (I've already done so for a few other users), but to be honest, it would be easier to remove all the old color values that you saved, as it is almost guaranteed that some other color is going to conflict in the future as I improve the color scheme (or change it outright), so I'd a full removal. It's embedded in your settings, though, so I do not want to do it without permission.

Here's what my crossword looks like with the default values, by the way:

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
but to be honest, it would be easier to remove all the old color values that you saved, as it is almost guaranteed that some other color is going to conflict in the future as I improve the color scheme

Not sure if I'm getting this right, you mean users can save their own preferred colors? Because I don't remember saving any color... also since I didn't, it's ok to erase them all and replace them with the default night mode colors :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Not can, could - and it probably got saved automatically for all users during that time, even if they didn't actually change anything.

Alright, here's the important thing - as soon as you read this, log out and log in again to make sure the old values are flushed out.

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

It worked, thanks :)

4 years ago
Report Content
petrvs
Level: 606
mx4jogsj6nfjihfvy04m2r6k0.png

I'm sorry this still doesn't work for me. I've tried logging in an out multiple times on four different browsers. I thought I'd hold out for a general bug fix, but still no dice. What am I doing wrong?

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, there's no general fix because it is specific only to those of you that have been around long enough so that you have personal preferences saved for night mode colors.

This is what I can do - I can tell the site to suppress all of your night mode colors, and set *all* of them to the defaults. Some of the other nights mode colors might change as well - if that's ok, I can do that pretty quickly :)

3 years ago
Report Content
petrvs

That would be greatly appreciate, kind sir.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Give it a shot now - make sure you reload the page once in your browser, and let me know if it's working for you.

3 years ago
Report Content
petrvs

Thank you. Looks much better now. Appreciate the speedy and efficient response.

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana