Sentence lookup

test

Forums - small typo

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

|マルコ|
Level: 110

https://www.renshuu.org/gramma...

rtbk807z067wpm0fc4s3hyzo0.png

there is a small typo in the newly added passive usage (number 5/5), the ¥ symbol
This by the way might be an overall problem with the site, I've noticed often when I try to type the character below (as a "face")

xgczmkaj7afynmffuf7ph3ute.png

it gets turned into that symbol after you submit the post.
That is why I always end up using :/ instead

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

What os are you running, and is it a Japanese version of the OS? I'm pretty sure this is an OS issue, and not a renshuu issue.

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

Windows 10 english

I also wonder if I'm the only one to see the ¥ symbol when I write those 2 characters?

So to test, I'll write those 2 characters below:

:\

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
gq3pc72f8t3n2fzs882gjbu6t.png

you guys see the same? (I'm wondering if I am the only one that sees the ¥ symbol in this instance)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

English? Hmm...I've seen this pop up on Japanese versions of the OS - been seeing it for years, and with things completely unrelated to renshuu. Example: in my command line program, all backslashes show up as that stupid yen sign in both displays and input.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

I've just made an interesting discovery... even though I see :¥ in the post above (now I've use the actual ¥ symbol so you see what I mean), if I copy it and paste it into notepad, I get this:

uxukmdxjcs7u80s7uywz2girw.png

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

it must be something different, both because my console shows fine:

3g2ifubpeh5qhou5gjt2utbnn.png

but also because "Current language for non-Unicode programs", is set to English (United States) on my side, as that link suggested.

It is something else, but if is not on the site's side, then no worries :)
I'll figure this out

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Do you know how to dig into the site's css and see what font is being used by your browser? That might be it...

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

I don't know how to do that, but I've disabled this

y5c3tztm2hezfupy8w6hqc0um.png

from Firefox, and the problem is solved! :D
So apparently the default font used by renshuu is not liked by windows 10, or somthing? :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It is a google font (open sans), so that can't be it. I'm on windows 10 myself without any problems (chrome or firefox). Is it possible that some extension or plugin was preventing that from downloading, and then it was defaulting to another font that has an issue with that character?

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana