Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Problems with user made grammar lessons

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 2 of 2

マイコー
Level: 261

That's wonderful to hear, thank you for letting me know.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

Looks like I spoke too soon, found a new grammar related bug. My textbook grammar schedule is set up to allow two new terms to be introduced per quiz, but it's only giving me one.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Please try now!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Its working now.
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Some of the new grammar terms have incomplete usage instructions:
3iekkjeqgj4ny0f25jv85xxz3.png

ad8wipfmgcb5qpnqgpstvc2xp.png

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The usages are correct. The problem (which I'll fix after writing this) is that the title was for the original expression on that page, and when the page was expanded to cover different usages, the title itself was not expanded as well to be more inclusive.

Fixing that now!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

More problems, which seem to be reoccurrences of old problems.
1. No new terms were included when I started a grammar schedule quiz with 19 terms available to study and a quiz size of 20, and plenty of new terms left to study. I exited the quiz without studying and did my other grammar schedule. After studying that one, only 3 terms were available to study in the first schedule, and when I started a schedule quiz it included new terms.
2. Quiz size too small bug returns! When a grammar schedule has more terms available to study for the day than the quiz size (in this case it was 24 available, quiz size 20), the quiz size can end up too small. I got a 19 question quiz when it should have been 20.
3. Sentences sometimes have jumbled or duplicated portions. Interestingly, the previous time I saw this sentence in a quiz a day or two ago, it did not have this problem.
ospro72p0m2vckh8sevzt6ph2.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

3. <-- this is not a software issue, this is a bug inside of the data for that specific sentence - please report them as you see them.

2/1 - I'm really touch and go over the next few weeks - but if you can get it to a repeatable state let me know, and I will try to look at it in time. It might be hard to do so depending on the time/day.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

2. Right now both of my grammar schedules are generating 19 term quizzes despite being set for 20 term quizzes and having more terms available. I'll leave them unstudied until tonight my time.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the wait. It was being caused due to an expression that originally had sentences available for quizzing, but all of them got taken out (which I suspect was a bug on my end - I was moving and merging some expressions, and I bet this got screwed up from that.

Anyway, both of them appear to be working now.

Good news related to this - I've gotten some excellent people writing new sentences for the grammar system (about 1700 already, which means roughly 100 expressions that are currently not quizzable). It takes a lot of work to make them fully ready for the site, but I'm excited to reach the point (realistically, end of winter, so February or so) where the entire grammar library has models and quizzing available!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Still getting 19 term quizzes instead of 20. I'll leave my schedules alone for a bit.

I look forward to a completely quizzable grammar library though :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Finally got the beta of the crossword app up to the play store, waiting for acceptance, so I can probably turn a bit of time to this tomorrow. The move is 14 days away, so I'll do what I can!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, the same fix went in, which means the old one got wiped out. Check it now!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Looks like the schedule quizzes are behaving normally now, I am getting the correct quiz size and number of new terms every time.

I did also notice a small visual issue for the grammar structure for some terms, it looks like there's some extra plus symbols.
ur20fbizgzzxjqsy22kff3cs7.png
yvtq3ofhpqj35xjrrkew0wjp4.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, a plus between every piece, so technically not wrong, just not ideal. I'm wondering if those plusses are even needed. Both everyone's favorite English grammar dictionary series and the Japanese one I usually use has no symbols, it just strings them together (With spaces). Let's try that out, see how it looks.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana