Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Randomly introduced terms and quiz timing out

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

|マルコ|
Level: 110

"Randomly introduced terms and quiz timing out", this two don't play nice with each other.

The problem is if like what happened to me today, one review 10 new vocabs for the day, start the quiz, then the quiz times out and the person needs to learn another (different) set of vocabs before starting the quiz again, while preying it doesn't happen a second time

So my suggestion would be to change the way "randomly introduced terms" works, so that the set of random terms for the day get saved as part of the schedule and it is always the same set even if the quiz gets interrupted, and there is a button to "re-roll" the set of vocabs in case the current set is not good for some reason, rather then forcing a re-roll every time the quiz is started.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

I don't plan on adding a re-roll button, sorry!

I also don't plan on holding them in place in case of an error - I'd rather just fix the error.

Which schedule is this, how often does it time out, and at which spot specifically does it time out?

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

oh that's actually easy to reproduce, you just need to clear browser history during a quizzing session to get kicked out of the quiz, so I can avoid it :)
Is it normal or a bug, though?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The timing out? Or the newly chosen ones each time you start a quiz?

The newly chosen ones - that is intended. However, you should be able to "overwrite" the old quiz and start a new one just by starting the quiz again.

I'm most concerned about the timing out issue, so if you have a way to replicate that, I'd love to hear it.

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

Yes, clearing the history in firefox is 100% assured to time out the quiz as soon as you advance to the next question (after the clearing).
This are the clearing settings I have

h7q4tm6sde6rfxnttvsm0omfy.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the delay (weekend and moving prep). So, I'm glad I asked for that info - if you're wiping away all the cookies, you're losing the session identifier which is used to tell the site which set of data it should be calling up. Now, it should not be timing out, but rather, sending you back to a login page, so that needs to be fixed.

This surely isn't part of your normal quizzing process, though, so there should be a different way (that doesn't log you out) that will replicate the issue.

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

This surely isn't part of your normal quizzing process, though, so there should be a different way (that doesn't log you out) that will replicate the issue.

Mh... if there are other ways to time out the quiz I don't know, when it happened and I opened this topic was because of the history clear

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Let me know if you notice it via another pattern. Thanks!!

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

I will :)

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana