Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Words with audio that sound "wrong"

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Elessar
Level: 266

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but sometimes I come across audio that sounds "wrong" (doesn't seem to match the kana). Perhaps this would be a good place for people to mention when they come across those words?

----------------

The audio for さがる (see below) sounds like さばる。It could just be me, but I tried listening to it several times, and I could only hear さばる。

がる (さがら)(Godan verb - る (ます form is stem+ります)/intransitive) to hang down, to fall, to step back

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1261

I listened to the audio of がる to check and for me it clearly sounds like a が, so it "could just be you" in this case, but maybe this is now just me. (._.)

If you encounter a presumably bad audio during quizzes (be it individual words or whole sentences) you can also use the in-quiz problem report to flag them, as this way マイコー will get all the info he will need to directly identify the item you discovered aproblem with (^-^)b

4 years ago
Report Content
McFluffington
Level: 1371

The audio of がる sounds fine to me.

But I guess telling the difference between some syllables like 'ga', 'da', 'ba' can be difficult. And after some practice the brain is probably just saying "'さばる' is not a word, duh".

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

While some sounds can be harder to discern when they are spoken more softly, there is always the chance to get a better recording. Actually, I am hoping to get a batch of recordings started in the next couple of weeks, and I'd be happy to have rerecordings done of ones that are "iffy", even if they aren't incorrect, so to speak.

...Not sure why all my words spaced out.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

The initial consonant in is pretty unclear. There's probably a few other terms I'd love to have rerecorded, but I can't remember which ones...
4 years ago
Report Content
Elessar

The "g" in is hard to hear.

The final "る" in まる is difficult to discern.

I'd love to have some new recordings!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

sounds like ほうそく to me.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks!

3 years ago
Report Content
Elessar

(まえうり)sounds like「まえうでぃ」to me.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks! We're getting much closer to being able to redo a set of these, so I appreciate the feedback!

3 years ago
Report Content
Elessar

(ひめい)sounds like 「きめい」to me.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Really? I'd like to hear what others thing - it sounds like ひ to me, but it is a smidge rough on the initial consonant.

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

Sounds like ひ to me.

3 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1261

it does sound like a ひ, but there is this "high-pitch click" at the start of the audio that makes it easy to mistake it for a き (._.)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll go ahead and pull it - really hoping to get the recordings boosted a bit in 2021.

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana