Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [Discussion] Expected behavior of taps on character boxes when answering

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

マイコー
Level: 260

When you are doing drag-and-drop, you are able to tap on the boxes instead of dragging them for faster answering.

Current behavior: When a box is tapped, it will fill in the next empty space in the clue.*

*If the clue is finished, it will replace the last character.

Case 1: If you are solving a horizontal clue _ _ か _ _ (where か came in from a vertical clue), on tapping 4 characters, it would fill in spaces 1, 2, 4, and 5 (skipping 3, since it is already filled it.

Case 2: If you answer a clue あ い う え お , and you get え and お incorrect. Tapping a box would jump immediately and replace お only.

I would like to know (after trying the app, of course), what you would expect the behavior to be in these situations, or in other ones related to this. I am trying to keep settings to a minimum, so I'd like the ultimate behavior to be clear enough that it doesn't trip up anyone.

4 years ago
Report Content
pauloxgomes
Level: 15

In my first try, It was not clear how to fix a word I got incorrect, so for case two, I would expect it to be something like "hold to clear" instead. Being able to clear the entire word upon holding the first character or a specific one (but also raises the problem when the mistake is the first character) (^-^)b

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the feedback. Depending on what I end up doing, I might add an extra slide in the "how to" introduction to show clearing it.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, so the next update will have erasing functionality. I went with your idea: long press. If you press on the first character, it'll clear the whole word, otherwise, it'll clear starting at the character you're pressing on.

This is going to take a full page on the introduction model, so I wonder if there's not one more gesture that could be added so the page isn't so bare.

4 years ago
Report Content
pauloxgomes
Level: 15

Well, it may depend on the next functions you plan to add. There are a bunch of gestures for interactions that would work for many features. For the time being I would suggest flick over the word to check if its correct; this for one word only since you already have double tap to check all.

The following article show some nice interactions that could be used

https://thenextweb.com/dd/2015...

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

In terms of functionality, there is nothing else planned as of yet. If they want to check each word, there is a setting already to auto-check after completion of a clue, so that would probably cover it.

Fortunately, Flutter (what I'm using to develop it) has really easy access to gesture detection, so if there is something worthwhile, it'll be easy to add.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana