Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [Notice] Number of puzzles

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

マイコー
Level: 261

Currently, because this is initial testing, there is a small number of puzzles available in each category, and no efforts have been made to guarantee different puzzle sizes (number of onigiris) in each category. The number of puzzles will go up, and there will be balance between small, medium, and large puzzles.

As an open question, I am having trouble with the naming of the JLPT (General) puzzles. Right now, they are only #1, #2, #3, but that seems a bit dry. Textbooks obviously don't have this problem.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

Don't know if it helps with the names, but generally English language crossword puzzles use either the date of the paper the puzzle was issued in for the title, or a name/pun based off the general theme of the words in the puzzle.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the response! They'll come out in packs so the date style won't work, and there are no themes in the puzzles either :(. What I'm thinking (although this might make the ui more confusing) is doing secret words - where, for example, a certain puzzle might appear as _ _ _ _ in the title, and in the puzzle, there are four squares that are shaded differently, each having one of the characters: お い し い. Finish the puzzle, unlock the word おいしい.

3 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

Sounds cool!
3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

That sounds cool. Like some crosswords have a solution word...

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Basically, yea. Then, I could "group" the puzzles not based on their contents, but on the solutions, so there could be an animals collection, jobs collection, etc.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I've got all the functionality in, but I'm having a clarity issue with the UI:

There would be multiple categories in a single list, so below Animals there'd be Jobs, and then Family, etc.

My biggest worry is that those puzzles now look like they are puzzles that have clues themed around Animals, not puzzles where all the hidden words are animals.

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

In that case, can't you make a subtitle e.g. "find the animal that's hiding in the puzzle" or may put more text into the description where you explaine the objective a little?

I used to play a word search game that was similar. After finding all the random words, which had no connection to the topic, a hidden word was revealed. It came with an informational short paragraph fill-in-the-blank style where the hidden word(s) fit in.

It maybe irritating at first, but once you understand the system you get used to it, I'd say.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm not sure I'll have time for extra information about each word, especially at the beginning. Also trying to keep the amount of text low so I can more easily maintain the multiple language versions.

I'll have this update..maybe tomorrow, and then I can get a bit more feedback from you guys!

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana