Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Request more than a bug: more space

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

technova
Level: 194

Maybe there is a reason for this choice, but I think tha lack of space makes the game less fluent.

I would love more space at the bottom, so that there is no need for displaying another line.

This behaviour is disturbing because it only appears when we are close to the border, and the distance between the input area and this line is huge.

redmi note 9

android 10

ty

vhkm055tn2jt47sn0km5q4kgc.jpg
3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I think I know what you are talking about, but I'd like to get some clarification before I think about ways to approach it.

When you say more space, you are referring to space around the puzzle so that the selected boxes could be pulled up and out of the way of the clue box that appears?

If that is the case, then, based on what I can think of, this is only a discussion for horizontal clues. Vertical clues are often not going to have enough space to appear above the clue box. There's even less space when typing in answers, but in that situation, the distance between the input and the boxes is not really as important.

Let me know if I'm understanding you correctly!

3 years ago
Report Content
technova

Yes, that's it.

I didn't thought about the vertical clues, because for them, as you say, the difference of height is less important - and making the clues appear are the best choice in this situation.

I should have precised that my remark was just for the bottom horizontal field, where a few vertical space should be enough (especially in landscape mode).

Great job by the way, your games are the first that enables me to play with the vocabulary that I've discover since one month ;)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The stuff I'm using to make this doesn't seem to let me "scroll" to a certain position on the field, so I'm still thinking of the best way to handle this. I have no doubt I'll get to something ideal.

I'm glad you like it, though! In the Japanese play store, there are TONS of crossword puzzle apps, but they are all geared towards native speakers. I want something geared towards every level of learner :)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Great news! I figured out how to shift the puzzle around after a clue is selected, moving the clue fully into view if possible to prevent that box at the top from appearing. It'll go in the next update, which I'll probably upload tomorrow.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Yay

3 years ago
Report Content
technova

Bravo !

d8yoqf30gbng3sx3yfkn6vu7z.gif
3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana