Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - A few Issues when in Type Mode

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Nekochanto3
Level: 38

I have an Android 10, and was able to download the app. Phone model is Samsung S20+

When using the kana crossword (I just started with beginner), I noticed that when I setup to use my keyboard instead of dragging characters, there were a couple issues. Like the keyboard I use frm Simeji, keeps blocking the hint at the very bottom of the screen.

And when typing kana with more than one character, like に ----you have to type んthen い to form that kana, but it took a couple tries to get that character to change to に I kept getting stuck with ん

I added the screenshots with similar notes.

odye578mcjf5cxc4ustchvg4x.jpg

5vhvfxeg2kspe0grph06iy37q.jpg

4som8vhii80jy2wioszu4sksz.jpg

ありがとう~

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

That is a very sweet keyboard. (=^_^=)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

That keyboard visibility issue might be a issue with the framework I'm using - is the link to the keyboard you are using? https://play.google.com/store/...

With regards to the ん に issue, I'm guessing it is only happening in the final space? If so, I'll have that fixed in the next release. If it is happening in non-last-space situations, let me know!

4 years ago
Report Content
Nekochanto3

For the link, that should be the right one!! :)

And for the ん に it was only for the last slot so far. But I did realize that the word was actually いしょう alone without に. Once I placed the right one in, the issue kind of disappeared. But I'll keep trying out the text feature, for testing. I feel that some players would love to text out the answers than just using the drag and drop characters.

にありがとう!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Bad news - I downloaded simeji, but at least on Android 11, the app slides out the way. Let me think on what to do about that..

4 years ago
Report Content
Nekochanto3

Ahh okay. But I do have a possible suggestion. Could you put the hint at the top of the screen with the blocks instead of the very bottom?

Just like you have the blocks up top, could you add the hint there?

wkac3ce8ch4z6r0u3g5xuj24u.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the delay!

I definitely see where you are coming from. However, if I do that, it'd have to be at the top of typing, at the bottom for pieces (closer to the fingers), and I'm not sure if I want to split the ui into two different arrangements.

Regardless, if a change is put in, it will not happen until next week at the earliest. Right now, I'm only patching bugs that come up.

4 years ago
Report Content
Nekochanto3

Okay, cool! It's not a very major issue so I understand what you mean. Besides most might like to drag and drop characters, since it's easier and goes faster than typing.

Thanks for letting me know! ♡✧。(〃>ᴗ<〃)。✧♡

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

I would just like to add that I'm having the same issue with the keyboard blocking the clue, using the Google Japanese keyboard in Android Marshmallow. This makes Type Mode completely unusable, as the clue is never visible.
zsafc5jrdyiq3oqxe2orgxvq2.png
3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well good news - I can at least replicate this on a marshmallow emulator, so I have a base from which to work on. Will let you know when I have more information.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Great news - I think I have this resolved! It works on Android 11 (which always worked) and Android 6/Marshmallow (which didn't work). It'll go into the next release, so we can test it soon.

3 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Clues are now visible :) And I found a small bug. When using type mode and selecting a word that has already been partially filled in, tapping on any box other than the first one in the word makes it so the text input box that opens contains one or more of the characters that are already filled in, while tapping on the first box generates an empty input box.
3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

That's actually intended - whether or not it is a good idea is something I'd like to know about. If you're clicking in the middle of a prefilled answer, my idea was that you didn't want to retype what was already there.

3 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

But if you select the first box of a word, currently there is no text in the input box no matter how much of the word was filled in, so you do have to type the whole word.

87w8k72m24tm5jngmwuw06dpe.png

Also, I'm not sure you realize how much precision clicking this feature requires. If I have a word where every other box is already filled in, when I open the text input box the cursor is at the end of the word, and I would have to move it multiple times to type the missing parts without erasing anything. I'm way more likely to just backspace everything than try to get the cursor in the right place multiple times.

jwh483pj5zbna0q8mfjtayi60.png

It would be cool if you could somehow do something similar to how the touch mode skips past already entered boxes, like have each typed kana automatically fill in the next empty box available.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Hmm..that actually looks incorrect, that last image. Let me check it out for you.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, I'm just going to outright remove the half-entered text. It will not erase the previously entered stuff until you start typing, but the input field will be blank.

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana