Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Games not pausing, Scroll not working sometimes.

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Foreverwarm21
Level: 14

Whenever I pause a game on mobile it will continue to run in the background causing me to fail that game. (Happened repeatedly on two separate games shiritori cat and quick draw).

Another issue I have encountered is that some of the pages will scroll so fast that I can’t see what it is saying, even if a move my finger just a fraction (this only happens if the page has a lot of content, like the crossword puzzle or the vocab list.) The scroll probably comes from the adaption to mobile.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Thanks for the report! 90% of renshuu users are on mobile (without these issues), so it is most likely more acute issue.

First off, what phone and OS are you using? I assume you are using the app (either from Google Play or the App Store), and not the mobile version of www.renshuu.org.

To clarify on the pausing issue - I take it that you pause it, but because it continues to run, you can see slight movement on the edges of the screen (that are not covered by the popup?)

Thanks in advance!

1 year ago
Report Content

I have also noticed the scrolling issue (on iOS 15.4.1 @414×721). It’s not easy to describe, but it seems like sometimes the scrolling is accelerated, sometimes not. Sometimes the acceleration is extreme, moving more than a screen at a time with the tiniest movement. The scrolling problem is exacerbated by the bounce back when you scroll to very top or bottom. I believe this only started in March or April (April or May update).

I will see if I can duplicate the game pause issue.

Update: In Quickdraw, I can’t really tell if gameplay has stopped or not, because my screen is too small to show much outside the pop up, but the game-clock does appear to keep running.

1 year ago
Report Content
Foreverwarm21
Level: 14

I am using iOS and got it from the App Store. And for the pausing, I can tell from the slight movement on screen, and how when I go back to playing my character has taken multiple hits of damage and that on Shirotori cat it says I took to long to respond in the chat despite me being on slower modes

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Thanks, both of you.

I will see what I can do about the scrolling, but it sounds like it's going to be tricky to fix. If either of you can post or email me a video of the scroll issue, I'd love to see that (michael@renshuu.org).

As to quick draw, can either/both of you show me a screenshot of your settings for quiz draw (the page before you press start game) - I want to duplicate what you have to make sure I can replicate the issue.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana