Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - practice writing kanji words from memory

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

ジネット
Level: 299

I would like to practice writing kanji words in the same way that I can practice writing individual kanji. I made a study schedule for kanji words (like ) so that I can practice writing them, but I'd like to do it from memory and not just trace the gray kanji in the box. With individual kanji, I use the writing style "show only hints about character," and the readings and meaning are above the box so I know what to write. If there were writing styles to choose from, and I get the definition or reading of the word above the box, I can practice writing the word from memory. If there's already a way to do this, I'm sorry for asking. I've tried a bunch of different settings, like being able to write a kanji instead of type it, but I like having the hint option.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

I'll consider it, thank you! It is possible to program it in this way, but I have worried about whether or not the user is going to have a good experience when doing it this way (as in, are they going to be spending too much time trying to write the kanji correctly).

I have a couple of larger projects that I'm working on at the moment, but I'll definitely keep this in mind.

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1193

I'm not sure if this will meet your needs, but the way I practice writing kanji words, is I just use Meaning → Kanji, or Kana → Kanji vectors on my vocab schedules and use the Handwriting Input tool to draw the kanji. For me, if I can get the kanji I intended to write show up in the first few choices, I'm reasonably happy that what I wrote would be recognized as that character.

1 year ago
Report Content
ジネット
Level: 299

Thank you, マイコー! Personally, I don’t worry about writing kanji perfectly. I just want to get the overall shape and spacing down.

@Anonymous123 I’ve tried using that method, but it works better for words I have a higher mastery of. It’d be nice to have the hint option that exists for individual kanji. Until then, I’ll just have to use the old method of writing words over and over again on kanji practice paper. 😁

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana