Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How to move from Starter/N5 Grammar over to our new Beginner Japanese lessons?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

マイコー
Level: 262

As noted in the August 4 (2022) announcement, we have a new set of 23 teacher-written lessons covering the grammar originally grouped into the Starter Grammar (or JLPT N5) schedules. Even if you are in the middle of these schedules, you can safely move to the new Beginner Japanese schedules.

How to switch to the new lessons

1. Go to Resources > Japanese Basics (in renshuu's menu)

2. Scroll down to Beginner Japanese, and find the 'Add Beginner Japanese to dashboard' button, and use that to add them!

This includes a new grammar schedule and companion word schedule (the word schedule covers both the original N5 lists as well as useful words that you'll see in the grammar quizzes)

3. To remove your older vocab/grammar schedules - Go to Manage your Schedules (under your schedule list on your dashboard), then you can remove the older versions of these grammar and vocab schedules.

Q: Will I lose any mastery data?

A: No! Everything you have already studied will remained studied. Depending on how much you previously studied, you may have to step through the lessons of the new schedule, but it will not make you study anything from the beginning if you studied it previously.

Q: Can I leave my older schedules up?

A: Sure, there's nothing stopping you from doing so - but there will be an overlap in materials between the older and new schedules.

Q: Which do I study first, the vocab or the grammar?

A: It's best to study the vocab for each level before the grammar - that way, you won't be surprised with any new words in the grammar questions!

1 year ago
Report Content
Level: 667

Do you plan on adding these for N4 too? If so how long do you think it will take?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Yes, and I don't know :). It depends on how long it takes to write the lessons, but we plan to get started next month!

1 year ago
Report Content
Level: 63

Hi,

I finished the Japanese Basics lessons, then I started the Beginner/JLPT5 Grammar.

But in the first lesson of this second schedule I have been quizzed with sentences using といます when I have never seen this construction before (on Renshuu).

Did I miss something in between ?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry about that! I've done checks on the sentences, but a *few* sentences like that poke out from time to time. I am planning a much larger check later in the year, but you haven't missed anything. It just needs to be cleaned up on this end.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana