Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - What's coming up for renshuu in late 2022

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

マイコー
Level: 262

This is somewhat exciting to me, so I wanted to share the next big thing for renshuu over the next couple of months:

1. We are going to start the larger process of doing a look-over of the sentence database. While renshuu has almost 20,000 sentences made by natives specifically for renshuu, the bulk comes from what's called the Tanaka project. While renshuu has made a huge number of improvements and changes to the sentences of that database, there are still sentences that are less-than-ideal for a number of reasons. We're going to be going through and adjusting those or removing them outright.

2. I have started building my grammar analyzer! This will be able to go through sentences and markup grammar in the same way that you can do lookup on individual words by tapping them.

What does that mean? Say you have the sentence んだ が いい. The analyzer would recognize that たがいい is a grammar pattern in our database, and add notes to the words when you tap on them!

This has a huge benefit for users, even if you never interact with sentences in this way. By doing this, we can better target example sentences based on the level of the user or the word group.

Example: we've noticed that many of the simpler sentences in the database are casual Japanese (short form verbs/adjectives). This is not ideal for beginners, so we can either not display those, or rewrite them inline into polite speech for that user.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana