Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Stuck on flickering "Loading the Question" message in Android App

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

AsterEsque
Level: 763

I've encountered this particular bug on both my phone (Pixel 6) and my tablet (Samsung Tab S6), and so far I haven't figured out how to fix it other than to get to the Renshuu website through Chrome and do an entire quiz there to "reset" whatever it was that was trying to load in the app. I've tried reinstalling the app, but it keeps happening. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

It is a rare but current bug - I unfortunately haven't been able to track down what is happening (although I'm looking for the issue).

Any of the following information will be very helpful:

A)If you remember where in the quiz you were (was it the last question? near the middle? etc)

B)If you were in the review portion of the quiz

C)If you used any of the mark as redo/wrong/missed buttons (after answering a question)

D)If you recall doing anything else "different" outside of the normal answering questions (mark something as blocked, etc.)

Thanks, and sorry for the issue!

1 year ago
Report Content
AsterEsque
Level: 763

Thank you for the quick response!

For me, this bug seems to initiate only at the end of the quiz, as it's trying to load the page of quiz results. I don't think I've yet seen this bug trigger when I'm actually in the middle of the quiz. It had not occurred to me to try to track whether or not it's linked to the use of the "redo question" button, but I can keep an eye out.

I hope this information can help you figure it out, keep up the good work and thank you!

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Thanks - that info does help.

I also added an additional tracker that hopefully will catch it if loops too many times, send you on your way, and alert me of the issue (so I can debug it).

So, if it happens again, do let me know. That way, I can see if the reporting mechanism is working or not.

1 year ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Level: 1464

I've also encountered this on desktop. Maybe last week?

It was during a review of a vocabulary schedule. I had marked a question to redo, but when it came up again, it looked as if I hadn't marked it at all. The bug happened immediately after I answered it. I wanted to submit an error, but the page kept refreshing with an increasing &loop= counter. After relaunching the quiz from the home page, there was just 1 remaining term there.

I'm not sure if that information helps. I haven't seen this bug since, though.

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1180

I've also encountered this on desktop. Maybe last week?

It was during a review of a vocabulary schedule. I had marked a question to redo, but when it came up again, it looked as if I hadn't marked it at all. The bug happened immediately after I answered it. I wanted to submit an error, but the page kept refreshing with an increasing &loop= counter. After relaunching the quiz from the home page, there was just 1 remaining term there.

I'm not sure if that information helps. I haven't seen this bug since, though.

Same happened to me a few days ago or so, on a kanji schedule. For me, it didn't happen until I had answered all the questions, and it was into the phase where you answer missed/redo questions. Only happened to me the one time too.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana