Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Friends Page

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Level: 163

A dedicated friends page for chatting, viewing, and lesson sharing - all in one! kao_sorry.png

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I'll think about it, although while we have expanded community/friend functionality this year, I am not really aiming for a "social media" element - our focus is indeed learning and using Japanese.

You can see friend lessons on Resources > Lesson Center, though! Just go there and tap the friends tab.

1 year ago
Report Content
Level: 163

Thanks for pointing out the friends' lessons tab kao_yoroshiku.png

The main reason I think this is a good idea is because rather than having to open up a seperate app (like Discord) to ask friends questions whilst learning, you could send them a message in-app, a bit like question forums but directed at a certain person. It would be easier to view friends' activity too, since everything would be grouped together. Right now, adding someone as a friend doesn't feel like much of a relationship, since you still have to add them on external social medias to communicate with them about lessons/questions/scores.

Or maybe just adding an option to follow a friend's activity, like recent posts/comments/mnemonics.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

For me, it's all basically time-management - I have to be really picky about what I spend on my time on, both in terms of development as well as maintenance - any minute spent doing (in this case) networking stuff takes away time spent on other features or content, as well as shifts the way renshuu is perceived. I do hope to strengthen our community, but I want to do it in carefully measured ways that I feel helps us in *learning*.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana