Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Write to reinforce feature

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 2

Level: 825

Hi!

So I tried this feature and I had some issues:

- when asked for the exact answer, it only shows the input field. Is it possible to remind the question also?

- when I have the exact answer (I think because de red message does not appear) I'm just stuck with the blue background so I have to end the quizz.

I'm using the app on an Android mobile phone.

Edit: the issues didn't occur every time. I had a couple of questions where the correct answer appeared below so I get why the question isn't repeated in the first place.

1 year ago
Report Content

Hi!

I also had one problem with it, and I had to partially turn it off.

In kanji quizzes when asked for reading type-in answers the app/site crashes completely. I tried the following:

Android phone:

• type in one answer and press submit
  • type in nothing and press submit
  • press "I don't know" button

PC (chromium browser):

• press "I don't know" button

Every time the app/site crashed to the error page. The vocab quiz worked fine.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

The crashing has been "fixed" - some kanji quizzes have had the feature disabled until I can fix the issue. I know exactly what it is, just not sure if I can get it fixed before a few days of scheduled vacation.

I'm not quite sure what is meant by "I have the exact answer" - can you give a specific example of what was expected/entered?

1 year ago
Report Content

I meant the correct answer

what happened is I type an incorrect answer and all I can see is an input field.

Then if I type another incorrect answer it says type the answer below but I have nothing.

If I type the correct answer then I have only the blue background with the navigation bar above. So I have to end the quizz.

It doesn't happen everytime though. Sometimes, my (wrong) answer and the correct one is shown below and when I type it, the next question shows up. I guess this is the correct situation?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

That’s correct. I haven't yet been able to figure out how to replicate it, but if you're able to, let me know! You're not the only one with the issue, so I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

1 year ago
Report Content

I was able to replicate when the answer is not completely wrong.

For example, question : "to leave (behind, over)" in kanji

Enter : のこす (instead of す)

I think all the answer is not wrong, there is nothing to display but when I enter す next, I'm stuck with the blue background.

Edit: I think it can be generalized to all the "not expected answer" as it also happened when I typed instead of .

1 year ago
Report Content
Rattata
Level: 529

Hi!

I also had some problems with it.

I'm using "Type/write answers when possible" on an Android.

It seems that any vocabulary question of this type crashes when you are in a situation:

"Please answer with kanji"

"Please answer without using kanji"

"I see some abc's in your answer"

"There is another correct answer"

Clicking on Home button and then RETURN TO QUIZ partially fixes that.

The function itself works fine when you answer correctly, and by that I mean the exact answer.

1 year ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984
Level: 525

I have a problem with input. It wants the exact way it is written in green, which is way more strict than the actual answer which accepts hiragana for katana and full kanji for partly kana, partly kanji. This makes it a very tedious feature. Also sometimes it is very hard to see the mistake like the problem I came across with this word:

It does help tremendously with remembering so I'm overal very positive about the feauture. But these are the things I run into. I would suggest a 'skip reinforcement' button. So you get to end the quiz even when problems occur or you just made a typo and don't need the reinforcement.

p.s. on a totally diff note, the new gramar featurs more intertwined throughout the site are great!

1 year ago
Report Content

I’ve been using this for a few days on the iOS app, and it’s been very stable. Too bad there seem to be issues on Android.

One thing I found annoying is having to switch keyboards to insert commas between readings and periods in okurigana. It would be nice if I could omit the period and use other delimiters besides a single ASCII comma.

1 year ago
Report Content

Today I also encountered the black screen after an alternate answer problem. It seemed like the app couldn't decide what to do. Instead of showing the result under the textbox, like usually it was just the textbox with a label. And after I inputted the answer as requested an empty screen.

I also encountered a different issue. In my kanji quiz I have multiple choice answers for kana to kanji, but if I got it wrong I was still required to type in the correct answer. But shouldn't reinforcement be only there for fill-in-the-blank questions?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I am back from my vacation, and I hope to knock out all of these issues this week!

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I believe the following have been improved:

1. blank screen issue

2. punctuation issue

Have not decided whether or not to allow a way out if you really want to skip it, but am thinking on it.

Please re-report if any issues you reported earlier are still coming up.

1 year ago
Report Content

There is already a way out for those who really want to skip typing the answer: cut and paste! I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I’ve already availed myself of this once.

(In my defense, it was a really long answer with tons of punctuation, and I hadn’t realized the punctuation fix was already in.)

1 year ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1242

I encountered the "reentered text must exactly match the target" issue today:

The normal quiz accepts me just entering anything in romaji (which the site automatically transforms to hiragana), but the re-entry feature is much mor stricter and apparently requires me to enter the term with all characters correctly represented by their hiragana/katana form. Compared to how we enter the normal quiz responses this is a change of pace that makes it rather tedious (and I for now would revert to what ポールおじちゃん wrote, copy&pasting the answer just so I am allowed to continue, which is subverting the reason for having this in :/)

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Should be better! It should take the correct form, all hira, or all kata.

1 year ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1242

stumbled upon the following where the write-to-enforce feature is not accepting me entering numbers:

1 year ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984
Level: 525

The copy the green answer and pastw solution seems to work best, I found. Even if you typed the exact same thing it says.

I by now turned the feature of entirely. It takes a little longer to memorise, but i stumbeled upon the problem that my keyboard got trained too, which meant that after the quiz i just had to type the first letter and the entire word would show up. Which made the whole point of quizzing a bit dubious.

p.s. cute avatar!

1 year ago
Report Content

If the answer is required in katakana it still doesn't accept the same thing in hiragana. If the required answer is kanji, then it also specifically only accepts with the kanji-kana combination shown. So for example for since I only know the first kanji of the word the original question would accept both and ども, but the reinforcement feature only accepts the second. I think it should accept all answers the original question would have accepted as well.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I will try to address these. In order to keep things simple for the app, it doesn't talk back to the server during this process, so there is not as many tools available for checking for variations as usual.

If you can list any other variations that were not accepted but should be, please list them here so I can check them.

I'll also try turning off the autocomplete so hopefully the keyboards will stop trying to "help" you out.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I added some improvements. It, at the least, covers the number issue

If you have any other times where it doesn't work, please give me the expected text and what you're entering.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana