Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - る・る・る・む・む・す・りだす・るだす・す・みだす

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Level: 163

As the title says...could someone give a conclusive set of definitions/contrast between these 5 words (which roughly translate to "create" in english):

る・る・る・む・

and also the ~だす versions of them?

I've got some thoughts about these but I'm extremely confused!

1 year ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 856

The closest one to "create" here is probably す. The つくるs are more "make" (i.e. out of parts), and both うむs are closer to "birth"/"produce", so they're more synonyms in a figurative sense.

る - to make or prepare, in general. can be used for non-physical things & usually correct to use instead of the other つくるs if no specific nuance is meant.

る - to build, to complete

る - to make for the first time, to start

む - emphasizes the creation of life or something out of nothing

む - emphasizes the production of it (e.g. the process of laying an egg)

The す suffix is its own grammar point, which you can find in the grammar library. It adds a nuance of suddenness or a change from how things were before, so with any of these words it adds a sort of "makes and releases it to the world" meaning.

1 year ago
Report Content
Each of the kanji gives different nuance.
I'm not too well-versed in japanese context, but I'll just give examples from chinese language since they share similarities due to borrowing words during Tang-dynasty and Song-dynasty period of inter-country trade.

I saw an explanation from a video by the late Dolly-sensei, saying that there's a "generic version" in japanese kanji usage that covers all cases.

In this case, may be that generic version of "create". Other version of kanji may have their nuance. In chinese, this is more toward creating writing/composition/poem/articles.

For , best to check sentences dictionary on usage. In chinese, these means create/craft/make, we use for "creating sentences", "create machines/tools/furniture".

For , again refer to sentence dictionary on usage. In chinese, this has to do with "creativity", we use for "create something new, create new concepts."

For , this one has many meanings have to look for the right one. Might be to make something out (grow from seed, make from raw ingredients).

For , this is talking about production and manufacturing. Production of goods.

For exact japanese nuances, I hope someone with better knowledge can help you.

Hope this helps.

1 year ago
Report Content
Level: 163

Thank you both for the explanations! This has made it much clearer for me now

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana