Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - App crashes during quiz?

Top > renshuu.org > iOS renshuu

lolives
Level: 6

Hello, I’m new to Renshuu, and it’s looking like a great tool for me to build my vocabulary!

One minor thing, the app seems to crash during quizzes. Sometimes when I submit answer, the next page is blank, even when I wait a few minutes for it to load. And the Home, exit quiz, and menu buttons are unresponsive. I usually just hard close the app and open it up again, but sometimes it crashes again soon after.

1 year ago
Report Content

Oh no. I have been using the iPhone app for over a year and it has been pretty stable, but I have seen a few crashes. Do you have anything repeatable that Michael can use to debug the problem?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

What device are you using, and what version is the OS on it?

1 year ago
Report Content
lolives

I’m using an iPhone Pro 14 and the OS version is 16.0.3. I think the Renshuu app is up to date troo!

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thank you for the info. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having issues - I haven't heard of this issue occurring yet, but I am more than happy to help you look into it.

To get started with, if there is any way to grab a video of the issue, that would be great. Although it doesn't sound like this, you are referring to crashes where you are using it and it stops working, correct? (And not where you use it, minimize it to go to another app, then have it crash when you return.)

Have you noticed it with any particular type of question? For example, more often on multiple choice, or fill in the blank, kanji questions or grammar, etc?

1 year ago
Report Content
lolives

Right. It seems to happen during a quiz (not while minimized). I took a video of it happening after a meaning>hiragana question, but it doesn’t always happen after this type of question. I’ve only done vocabulary quizzes so far (no grammar or kanji).

https://drive.google.com/file/...

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the video - that is indeed really strange, but it is somewhat comforting that you can still see a visual reaction to the button presses in the menu - that means it is not the entire app that is bugging out.

I unfortunately do not have a good way to reproduce it yet, so I'd like to try narrowing it down a bit. At least in the video, the bug appeared just after a typing question. Could you try tapping the settings icon next to the study button and turning off the fill-in-the-blank questions for just a few rounds of quizzing, and see if it changes anything?

1 year ago
Report Content
lolives

Just wanted to follow up here. For now, I started using the website instead and it’s been working perfectly!

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the follow up - I'm glad you have a way to use it for the time being!

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > iOS renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana