Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Should I skip N5 and go for N4?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

ビビ
Level: 34

I have been self-studying for some months now with Minna no nihongo. I am finishing now the first book, and as Noken exams are coming next July, I am having a hard time deciding which level I should take. I mean, I think I can finish Minna no nihongo 2 in a few months, seeing how many hours I spend normally studying Japanese, but I don't know N4 is worth the risk now. (I don't use MNNH only, I'm also revising with Genki I and Speed Master N5)

1 year ago
Report Content

Just to clarify, are you asking for advice on which JLPT tests to take, or which renshuu lists to study?

1 year ago
Report Content

Hello, I'd suggest sourcing some mock tests(which are available online for free) and having a go at N5 and N4 and see how you fare currently. If you are acing N5 already and still have time (some months, as you said) before the test, then why not go for N4 which will no doubt motivate extra study until the test date. If however you find that you're still needing some extra revision to easily get all the N5 answers and/or if the easier option? I see that your question was now 5 months ago so perhaps you've already taken the test... in which case, how did you fare? :-)

Sunny321

9 months ago
Report Content
ビザンティン
Level: 147

I found it easy to skip N5 and go to N4. The main reason is that once you get the gist of N5, it's incredibly simple. I recommend saving the 7500 yen and taking more time to study N4 is necessary.

8 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana