Page: 3 of 3

-hk
Level: 5

I really enjoy POLKADOT STINGRAY - ICHIDAIJI

2 years ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1180

One rock band that I enjoy, and think would be good for Japanese learners is: (Uchikubi Gokumon-Doukoukai)

The songs are just about every day life, and the lyrics are written simply. At my current level, I often find that I can't follow the lyrics to most Japanese music, but with Gokumon songs I find that I can follow a lot of it, which is a rare treat.

e.g. Here' a song about Japanese rice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

2 years ago
Report Content
NeXtar_
Level: 72

Does anyone here know artist or band like Flumpool, イトヲカシ and Weaver? I feel like I am the only one here who was only discovered them recently (;_;)

2 years ago
Report Content
Bluebelly
Level: 142

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Japanese city pop is really good if you like 70s/80s style funk/pop. Lots of nice guitar and saxophone solos, and great for chilling/dancing/studying. It's easy to find all over youtube too. A lot of people report a nostalgic feeling listening to it, despite never loving in 80s Japan, and I totally get it.

Tatsuro Yamashita, Mariya Takeuchi (they're married!), Miki Matsubara and Takako Mamiya are my favourites. A lot of nice mixes out there on YT to check out to find more artists. Tatsuro has a few english songs too, so you can sing along the them if that's your native language!

2 years ago
Report Content

sad umbrella

Villain cover by shoto

abnormality dancing girl (the boy cover is better lol)

1 month ago
Report Content
ゆい ✦
Level: 88

my favourite is atarashii gakko, a girl group that create a nice rock music. recommend you to try listen some of their songs.

1 month ago
Report Content
Row (KN)
Level: 181

I see no one has mentioned Wagakki Band yet. They're my favorite band ever, it's like traditional old fashioned Japanese music combined with rock or pop and other genres. They have too many great songs to name.

Somehow it seems like no one mentioned Baby Metal? But I guess everyone knows them so there's not really a reason to. I only know several of their songs, Megitsune is my favorite.

Otherwise I don't really know any others very well, exept from anime intros. (And composers, but that's a whole different story)

1 month ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 3

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Japan, にほん, 日本

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana