Top > 会話 / General discussion > Japan, にほん, 日本

Page: 3 of 3

Studying: reading basic hirigana + katakana + maybe some basic words
Level: 5, : 1

I really enjoy POLKADOT STINGRAY - ICHIDAIJI

8 months ago
Studying:
Level: 676, : 1,680

One rock band that I enjoy, and think would be good for Japanese learners is: (Uchikubi Gokumon-Doukoukai)

The songs are just about every day life, and the lyrics are written simply. At my current level, I often find that I can't follow the lyrics to most Japanese music, but with Gokumon songs I find that I can follow a lot of it, which is a rare treat.

e.g. Here' a song about Japanese rice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

8 months ago (Edited 8 months ago.)
Level: 62, : 0

Does anyone here know artist or band like Flumpool, イトヲカシ and Weaver? I feel like I am the only one here who was only discovered them recently (;_;)

6 months ago
Level: 77, : 18

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Japanese city pop is really good if you like 70s/80s style funk/pop. Lots of nice guitar and saxophone solos, and great for chilling/dancing/studying. It's easy to find all over youtube too. A lot of people report a nostalgic feeling listening to it, despite never loving in 80s Japan, and I totally get it.

Tatsuro Yamashita, Mariya Takeuchi (they're married!), Miki Matsubara and Takako Mamiya are my favourites. A lot of nice mixes out there on YT to check out to find more artists. Tatsuro has a few english songs too, so you can sing along the them if that's your native language!

5 months ago
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 3

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Japan, にほん, 日本

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana