Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - back button

Top > renshuu.org > iOS renshuu

ジョアンー
Level: 77

Sometimes i'll look at things in Renshuu for example, looking at a specific forum post but then I want to go back I don't see a back button and have to click through a bunch of posts before getting back to where I was.

In short is there a back button that i'm just not seeing

8 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

There is not a dedicated back button - are you using either the Android or iOS app? Usually, there are OS level swipe motions you can make to go back.

8 months ago
Report Content
ジョアンー

I am using Renshuu on iphone iOS app

8 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks, and sorry for the delay! You're right, there is not a good way to make your way back in certain areas of the app. I do not have a specific fix in mind yet, but let me think about it and see what I can come up with. It most likely will not be a visual button (it would take up too much space, especially on smaller iOS devices), but maybe a way to add a swipe gesture on my end.

8 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Question for you / anyone else:

If it was not a visual button, what kind of touch/motion would you like to see that triggers a back navigation action? the swipe from left-to-right already pulls the menu open, but aside from that, there are no other touch/swipe actions bound within renshuu.

7 months ago
Report Content
Level: 327

I am using an android phone and I think it would be interesting if the app had a right-to-left swipe that pulls up the dictionary tab? Maybe there can be a dedicated back button (for forums, quizzes, etc.) on the very top of the screen, between the left menu button and the questions button. I would not recommend top-down swiping commands because a lot of phones open their own menus when you do this, lol.

Maybe the back button can be toggled on and off in the app, since not all users will need one.

7 months ago
Report Content
ジョアンー

I just noticed a left to right swipe also acts as a back button

6 months ago
Report Content

Sometimes it does. It would be nice if that behavior was consistent across renshuu.

6 months ago
Report Content
Level: 327

After not viewing this forum for a month, I realized I accidentally commented on the iOS forums when I use android. Take my advice with a grain of salt

6 months ago
Report Content

Please bring a back button to iPhone or a swipe instead of the menu!

And thanks you for creating this amazing App

4 days ago
Report Content

I just tried this in my iPhone and it works. I’m not very sure how I’m doing it, I just noticed that the area to press is very close to the left and right edges so you can go back or forward

4 days ago
Report Content

It depends on what page you are on. On many pages, left-to-right swipe just opens the navigation menu, which (I think) should really only be on the up-to-down swipe.

3 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > iOS renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana