Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Issue/Discussion megathread for new.renshuu.org

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 3

マイコー
Level: 262

Please report all bugs/issues for users at https://new.renshuu.org here, not in individual threads.

What is it? I am migrating the renshuu server to a new machine later in 2023, but you can test it out now!

What do I have to do?

Web browser users and iOS users (newest version only) - open the menu, then change the category to Experimental. Tap the button New Server under the section for the new server.

Android users - you must first go to the Google Play Store and join the beta testing. Once you've received the beta version of the app, follow the instructions for iOS users above.

Important notes

1. This shares the database with renshuu.org, so you will not lose ANY data.

2. You can return to the main server at any time (using the link in the Experimental Settings panel), or jump back and forth between the two. (Ex: if you run into a bug in new.renshuu.org, just report it, return to renshuu.org, and you can go back to new after it's fixed.

3. The only thing which will NOT carry over is a currently running quiz.

Thanks to some other users, most bugs have already been ironed out, but the more people that are on it, the faster I find the remaining issues. Additionally, it's faster than www.renshuu.org!

よろしく

7 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

(Unlinked the address, as renshuu was rewriting it in a weird way)

https://new.renshuu.org

7 months ago
Report Content
Elessar
Level: 266

I tried to do a vocabulary quiz, but it simply gave me the error page. I retried that quiz, and even tried another vocabulary quiz, but the same thing happened.

Next, I tried a kanji quiz, which worked fine.

After the kanji quiz, I tried a vocabulary quiz again, and this time it loaded. However, there was a small, red error box in the top corner, and once I tried to answer the first question, it crashed, going back to the error page.

7 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks! Forgot to mention it, but if you get the error page or "an error occurred", that means the error got sent to me. I just pushed a fix that should knock out the issue you were experiencing.

7 months ago
Report Content
Elessar
Level: 266

Yes, the problem seems to be gone now.

7 months ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 886

The Text Analyzer isn't loading on new.renshuu, it just throws an error.

Also, the entry in the Experimental panel describing the server move links to www.renshuu instead of new.renshuu, and clicking the link to this thread from new.renshuu breaks the url (https://new.renshuu.org/https:...).

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I can see the error in the logs, and will look into it soon. Same with the URL - I'm in the middle of some expansive updates that are preventing me from doing any updates (aside from emergency fixes), but I'll definitely get these knocked down!

6 months ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

This one's probably just a me and my stupid e-reader problem, but new.renshuu doesn't respect "Keep me logged in on this device" and I need to log back in every time I visit the site. Android 6, Firefox.

No log-in issues with the Android app on Android 14 or Firefox on Windows.

6 months ago
Report Content
Vasnody
Level: 353

Same thing as with gillianfaith. Android 13, Chrome browser

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I actually had this problem as well - but it stopped suddenly; I thought that it might be related to be using the same browser to access both the regular and beta versions back and forth - by chance, are either/both of you doing that?

6 months ago
Report Content
Vasnody

Not, not really. I've been using just the new version. Also tried to log in both by typing in password and email address manually and via Google account. Still keep loging out though

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, thanks. It's a bit of a shot in the dark, but I did make a change, so let me know if you notice any change on your end.

6 months ago
Report Content
Vasnody

Sure

6 months ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

After the initial switch I haven't really changed back-and-forth between old & new, except once to check that the old server wasn't also logging me out (old server keeps me logged in fine).

Still being prompted to log in on the new server.

6 months ago
Report Content

For some reason, the “latest” link for this forum took me to the new site.

6 months ago
Report Content
oritori
Level: 10

After the initial switch I haven't really changed back-and-forth between old & new, except once to check that the old server wasn't also logging me out (old server keeps me logged in fine).

Still being prompted to log in on the new server.

Ditto

6 months ago
Report Content
Level: 106

I’m unable to do anything after clicking in the link of the new server, I tried logging in but everything was frozen so I had to force quit the app.

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I’m unable to do anything after clicking in the link of the new server, I tried logging in but everything was frozen so I had to force quit the app.

Are you on Android or iOS? Can you specify exactly where it froze? For example, did the login page fully load? Could you enter in your details?

Also, which method are you using to log in? Apple, Google, or email/password?

Thanks in advance!

6 months ago
Report Content
アンタイネ
Level: 313

will we have to redownload / update the app or will it happen automatically? i'm on ios. thank you.

6 months ago
Report Content
Level: 106

Edit: apparently the auto update of the app failed, it works after manually updating.

I’m on iOS, I can click the enter account name and password and a keyboard pops up.
My account is linked to google so I can’t test if that that works. The rest of the buttons don’t work and everything freezes if I try them.

6 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana