Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Bugs/Discussion for "Kanji Reading Filter"

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

マイコー
Level: 262

This is the thread for all discussion/bugs with the new Experimental feature: "New Kanji reading filter"

In particular, I'd like to know if any "ready to study # is not correct" issues pop up for kanji schedules.

7 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1204

I have the kanji filter on and set to high school.

If I look at my kanji schedule (Schedule name "General kanji") it says I have 4 kanji at level 1. If I click the blue number for Level 1, instead of seeing the 4 kanji at level 1, it gives me 6 pages of kanji (>250 kanji). On inspection, many of the kanji are at 100% and have the (none at this level) marking on them. Clicking on the other level numbers also gives extra kanji (but not as many).

If the Kanji Reading Filter is turned off the issue goes away i.e. only the expected number of kanji appear for each level.

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Are you currently using the new server for renshuu?

6 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Are you currently using the new server for renshuu?

Yes

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Try now!

6 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Looks good now. Thanks!

6 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

With kanji reading filter on and set to high school I'm getting some kanji that show "X" readings, even though they are shown as to unknown in kanji dictionary.

It seems like for some questions it ignores the reading on the first run, but if you get a question wrong the filter starts working on the review questions after the quiz.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Just to be clear, this is the work flow for you:

1. Do question on new term. In initial question, get it wrong, answer pops up, correctly shows that some readings are hidden

2. In same quiz, during review period, question reappears. Get it wrong or right. In result box, readings are no longer hidden_?

Or is it the opposite?

Can you say whether or not these are kanji being learned for the first time?

Also, do you see any relationship with if the question itself is a reading question or not?

5 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Just to be clear, this is the work flow for you:

1. Do question on new term. In initial question, get it wrong, answer pops up, correctly shows that some readings are hidden

2. In same quiz, during review period, question reappears. Get it wrong or right. In result box, readings are no longer hidden_?

Or is it the opposite?

Can you say whether or not these are kanji being learned for the first time?

Also, do you see any relationship with if the question itself is a reading question or not?

The opposite. On the first run it seems that regardless of whether I get the question right or wrong it shows reading that should be hidden (as shown in the post above). The questions sometimes also quiz on those "should be filtered out" readings too. If I see that question again in the review period (because I initially got it wrong) it then properly shows the "(none at this level)" for the readings.

It's happening on both old and new kanji.

It seems to be across all vectors and questions types.

5 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Heres a good example:

I gathered screen shots for both the "First Time Through" and "Review Missed". I also sent error report for both times, in case that helps with comparing the data (even though the filter is working as expected in "Review Missed").

I left the Kunyomi blank both times I answered the question.

First Time Through:

Review Missed:

5 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Update. I think the filter failure (not filtering out rare kanji) is isolated to only reading questions. But it happens on all styles of reading questions.

5 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Update. The filter seems to be working as expected now.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I haven't changed anything, so ...I suspect the issue is still in there

5 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

I haven't seen any problems with the filter since my last update. Since that time, I've done at least 10 quizzes x 20 questions/quiz = 200 questions.

Perhaps it was a data issue with my settings, and that data got overwritten and thus is no longer triggering the bug ?

With regards to the question you had asked me about kunyomi reading あまね (く): I'm not sure if I specifically marked it as unknown on the kanji prior to the quiz or if it was always greyed out for that kanji. I'm reasonably certain that I did not change it during that quiz.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, thanks for the update!

5 months ago
Report Content
Gibolt
Level: 292

I had an error when saving, saying that I need a nickname... didn't get a screenshot. It worked after saving again.

But then it "ruined" my word list. I didn't expect it to change my words to review. This went from ~150 total to 1500+

It looks like it may have wiped my mastery levels 😶 Any chance that can be reverted / recovered?

30 days ago
Report Content
whistlebritches
Level: 106

The new kanji reading filter has been updated with a new option, and I highly recommend you turn it on. It's the 'renshuu recommended' setting, which will only display readings that renshuu reccommends. If you've been studying kanji using renshuu's JLPT lists, it should show you the same readings. Please try it out!

^^^ Got this email today, made the change, and it wrecked my kanji study. Ended up with many more questions than usual and full of readings I had not studied. I have a fixed amount of time to study per day. This setting ruined today's session.

8 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thank you for trying it out - it is experimental, and feedback allows me to improve it and fix any issues. You can always turn it off and the numbers should revert.

If you still have this available, can you please let me know a few of the kanji that have new readings, and what readings you saw pop up, but didn't expect?

7 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana