Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Current state of renshuu development (updated periodically)

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements

マイコー
Level: 262

As some of you know, I do all of renshuu's development, support, and maintenance, so while I try and set schedules for myself with regards to feature development, responses to user requests, etc., it's extremely difficult to stick to those.

So while I cannot say when things will be done, I'd like to use this post to periodically update you on the "big-picture" things that I'm working on or plan to work on in the next 3 months.

Content

N4 grammar - working on finishing the N4 (Pre-Intermediate) grammar lessons, as well as adjusting the difficulty level of the 1,500 or so grammar question sentences available for the level. Once done, a new vocab/grammar schedule pack will be available

Audio - we are working to re-record some of our older audio, and expand out on newer audio for both words and sentences

Sentences - I am having a Japanese native speaker/teacher work to slowly go through the sentences that originally came into renshuu through an external source in order to mark which ones are 100% natural, which ones should be removed entirely, and which ones could be adjusted to better fit learners.

Vocab lists - with our dictionary update finished, I'm working to clean up renshuu's main vocabulary lists, especially with regards to removing the rare (but present) duplicates of words present in some spots.

Features

Kaiten-doushi - a new mini-game that will let you practice verb conjugation while you serve out sushi to customers

Verb conjugation schedule - a new schedule type to let you practice verb conjugation regularly

Word/Kanji schedule link - a new vocabulary schedule that auto-populates as you study kanji, for those who like to study kanji and then pick up all the common words associated with that kanji

Community notes for sentences - a way to add alternate translations, meaning notes, and talk about sentences in renshuu.

Improvements

UI improvements - this is by far the biggest complaint about renshuu, and also the thing I'm weakest at. I am redoing the icons throughout renshuu with new, hand-drawn icons. I'm also considering a revision of the schedule settings, as well as thinking about a better way to handle the dashboard/community/garden/stats panels when you log into renshuu.

Text Analyzer - this is almost feature complete, but needs spot-correction functionality added

There are *tons* of other requests/improvements that I've greenlit (either in the forums or in Kao Club) that I may not be able to get to for awhile, but I'm doing everything I can!

Note: All feature requests should go here: https://www.renshuu.org/forums..., and bugs go here: https://www.renshuu.org/forums... . Any posts that fall into those categories will be removed from this thread.

7 months ago
Report Content
stupidguy
Level: 182

Word/Kanji schedule link - a new vocabulary schedule that auto-populates as you study kanji, for those who like to study kanji and then pick up all the common words associated with that kanji

I'm still going through the N-levels, but I still fantasize about something like this for the path beyond that!

7 months ago
Report Content

Features:

Kaiten-doushi - a new mini-game that will let you practice verb conjugation while you serve out sushi to customers

Verb conjugation schedule - a new schedule type to let you practice verb conjugation regularly

Both of those sound great!!! So exited!

7 months ago
Report Content

verb conjugation schedule! thnks very cool 😎

7 months ago
Report Content
Maximilian1st
Level: 13

Verb Conjugation Schedule and Word/Kanji schedule link are two features I'm looking forwarf to use. Have you had time to work on these?

3 months ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1205

Verb Conjugation Schedule and Word/Kanji schedule link are two features I'm looking forwarf to use. Have you had time to work on these?

Verb Conjugation Schedules are available on the new server (if you go to settings -> experimental, you can switch to the new server)

You just have to add the schedules using the "Manage your schedules" tool

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

The server merge is this week! The conj schedules will be available to everyone.

It's been a crazy 2 months, but I plan on updating this in the next week or so with progress, adjustments, and goals for the next two months.

3 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana