Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How to prepare for the Usage Note upgrade

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 2

マイコー
Level: 262

These are instructions for preparing your usage notes to take advantage of the upcoming upgrade and be even more useful to our community!

Note: these are only for usage notes that compare/contrast multiple words.

Let's pretend that this is your usage note (currently attached to the word ・せいと):

Original: This usually typically refers to students in grades up until high school, while refers to university/college students.

Step 1: Refer to both words in the note, so that it makes sense regardless of which word it is attached to.

Revised: is used to refer to students in grades up until high school, while refers to university/college students.

Step 2: Make sure all the related words are linked to the dictionary by adding a # in front of the words (this turned them into vocabulary dictionary links)

Revised: # is used to refer to students in grades up until high school, while 学生 refers to university/college students.

That's it! Once the new system is available, it'll be very easy to finish the updating process on your notes. I'm so exciting to help make these notes more accessible to everyone in renshuu!

Final note: the last step (once the update is available) will require you to delete all but one usage note (if you pasted the same usage note to all the related words), but do not do this yet.

Now that it's live, here is a sample video of what you need to do:

6 months ago
Report Content
WildAtelier
Level: 590

This sounds like an amazing update! Really looking forward to all the new features! Thanks for all the hard work you've put into making such a wonderful app マイコーさん🙏🏻どうもありがとうございます🙇🏻‍♀️

6 months ago
Report Content
ゼーレ
Level: 590

Thanks!! this is a real QoL update

6 months ago
Report Content
ディオ-
Level: 353

Yooo, fantastic update!!

6 months ago
Report Content
nexx
Level: 1167

I don't really remember the words I added usage notes to. Is there a place where I can see a list of them?

6 months ago
Report Content

I don't really remember the words I added usage notes to. Is there a place where I can see a list of them?

Yes, under the adventure box there is a link that takes you to a page with everything you’ve ever written.

6 months ago
Report Content
Ontama-chan
Level: 541

Does this count for mnemonics that have multiple words in them?

6 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Mnemonics, no.

6 months ago
Report Content

So what do I have to do to make my note for 建てる appear under 立てる? Is there a wait period?

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Wait until the update on the new server :)

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

It's open!

5 months ago
Report Content

I still don’t see it.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, so I accidentally keyed it to words with kanji in them only. Should now pick up all word lookups (single hash tag).

If it still doesn't work, let me know which note you're working with.

5 months ago
Report Content
5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Actually, maybe not. Have to run, will fix later.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Edit: it is not for mnemonics - currently, it only matches on the Meaning and How to Use tags. I see how it could be used for one mnemonic, two words - I'll think on that.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Also added a video to the first post so you can see an example of how to update it.

5 months ago
Report Content

Okay, finally got it working. The answer to my earlier question is that the note needs to be edited again.

5 months ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 886

Finally went through and updated my notes. Is it possible to collapse all the duplicated notes on the Writing page into a single one? Linking one note to multiple words currently results in this:

Another small issue is that any words that are linked show up as usage notes for the main reading of the word in the dictionary, and not necessarily the version that was linked. In the above case, this note is now attached to そちら, but will be irrelevant to anyone looking up the usage notes on that word.

5 months ago
Report Content

You can specify which entry the note is attached to by linking to the extended heading, with the written/reading forms. For example, 其方/そなた instead of そなた.

5 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana