Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Update Notes for new.renshuu.org

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 2 of 4

マイコー
Level: 262

Playing around with a new icon pair (continually updating)

5 months ago
Report Content

Honestly, without the context of the earlier discussion, I would have no idea what those eyes mean. Even so, I had to pause to make the mental leap from see/don’t see to study/don’t study.

5 months ago
Report Content
Level: 327

Yeah, in retrospect it doesn't seem to be as convenient as I thought. It may just end up being a little learning curve to remember what the buttons do, or else we may spend ages trying to decide on one design

5 months ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1615

I added both conjugation schedules yesterday, but today they're not showing up. At first, I thought it was because for whatever reason I wasn't on the new server so made sure I was, but still no conjugation schedules. Trying to add them again gives me a "you already have this schedule" message.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I added both conjugation schedules yesterday, but today they're not showing up. At first, I thought it was because for whatever reason I wasn't on the new server so made sure I was, but still no conjugation schedules. Trying to add them again gives me a "you already have this schedule" message.

When you added it, did it send you to the schedule page so you could choose your conjugations? If that didn't happen, it may be what caused the problem.

I don't think it's going to be a "smooth" transition for anyone who has been here for awhile - like me, the older icon is so obvious (from exposure) that *nothing* is going to be as good to those people, even if a sampling of new users shows no problem (I haven't done that, it's just an example).

Of course, some of the verbiage in the app will need to be changed - I won't call them blocked anymore, they'll be "hide so they don't appear in quizzes"

When we make the switchover, though, it's easy enough to make an announcement guiding everyone through the biggest changes.

Hope that makes sense. It's one of the tricky things when working with a userbase - the most outspoken (and I mean that positively) users tend to be the ones that are most invested into the system, know it the best. The recent survey is what helped me (somewhat) in getting a better feel for what more "baseline"/newer users feel - they're not going to have as much as a need to mentally shift from one icon (or set of icons) to others.

5 months ago
Report Content
mysticfive

When you added it, did it send you to the schedule page so you could choose your conjugations? If that didn't happen, it may be what caused the problem.

Yes, I got sent to the list of conjugations to choose, and for both schedules I selected all of them. I think the schedule was auto-set so that I went through it twice with different conjugations? Then the next day, gone.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

By chance, are you using both the regular and new server? There is a bit of cache in the system that holds onto the latest data for all your schedules, and the regular server is set to ignore those conj schedules. So it *might* have been the case that you were logged onto the regular version somewhere, and it updated the cache with the "conj-less" list.

5 months ago
Report Content
クリカ
Level: 234

Hi,

my schedule that doesn't have anything new to learn today is giving me a "learn new" button (which works), and says there are 0 new terms at the same time.

I think there was a similar problem on the old server a couple months ago, but I can't remember when exactly.

5 months ago
Report Content
mysticfive

By chance, are you using both the regular and new server? There is a bit of cache in the system that holds onto the latest data for all your schedules, and the regular server is set to ignore those conj schedules. So it *might* have been the case that you were logged onto the regular version somewhere, and it updated the cache with the "conj-less" list.

I thought that could be the problem too, so I re-signed in to the new server on my work computer. Didn't fix it...

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

@mysticfive - thanks for the follow up, please try now.

@クリカ - I think I fixed it, but literally just as I pushed the update to check to see if it works, your schedule rolled over to the new day, so let's touch bases again once you finish up the schedule.

5 months ago
Report Content
mysticfive

yup, working now!

5 months ago
Report Content
クリカ

@mysticfive - thanks for the follow up, please try now.

@クリカ - I think I fixed it, but literally just as I pushed the update to check to see if it works, your schedule rolled over to the new day, so let's touch bases again once you finish up the schedule.

Still looks the same here, unfortunately :(

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Looks like I caught it after it rolled over - the next time it shows that, please let me know!

5 months ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 887

The new audio icons are invisible on the Kao Club commissions page. The blank area still works like a button and plays the audio when pressed, though.

5 months ago
Report Content
Level: 328

Testing out the new conjunction schedules, I noticed that some words were not classified as the right type of adjective. For example, is a な adjective and the answer correctly reflects that, but the question type calls it an い adjective and provides the conjunction steps for い adjectives.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

The audio icons should be fixed.

The adj-i questions asking for adj-na terms should be fixed, too.

5 months ago
Report Content
クリカ

Looks like I caught it after it rolled over - the next time it shows that, please let me know!

Hi, my Kanji schedule is still doing this :(

Regardless of if I already learned a new one today or not.

I'm pretty sure it's only that one, all the vocabulary schedules are behaving normally.

5 months ago
Report Content
Elessar
Level: 266

The audio icons should be fixed.

Sadly, this makes the audio icon on the listening questions below-center again.

5 months ago
Report Content
キップ
Level: 201

The icons feel a bit confusing! The colored outlines feel like they mean active to me, so it was a shock that they weren't and there was a filled-in state.

5 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

The color + shape changes are meant to help with those who have difficulty with the coloration differences. When I make the official switchover, there will be a short introduction to the new icons to help those who have been on renshuu for awhile.

5 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 4

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana