Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - New schedule layout

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 3 of 3

カリンくん
Level: 338

When clicking the "Lessons" button for the respective schedule (which is a great feature btw), it opens the list of all lessons in that schedule (so far, so good). At the top, in that pop-up it says " click the blue titles to go to the lesson".

• The issue: nothing happens when I click on any of the lessons. Could you please look into that? (of course, I can go the long way and access them from the Lessons menu, but would beat the purpose of this beautiful feature).
4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Fixed!

4 months ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

Just noticed the new schedule implementation, and it seems to be having some issues in the app. Every time I go to the dashboard or finish a quiz, the schedule list is already loaded but then refreshes itself so I have to wait until it's done to do anything.

4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Can you send me a video of the issue? You can send it to michael@renshuu.org.

4 months ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147

It doesn't seem to be doing it now. I'll let you know if it happens again.

4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I did make a few changes, so it's possible that those fixed it. Thanks for responding!

4 months ago
Report Content
カエル | kaeru
Level: 562

Might be too much of an ask for scope right now, but - is it possible to customize what gets shown next to the Study button? (Globally, not per schedule, that's too much.)

For example, I'm almost never reviewing the terms list, so the "View Terms" button will see very little use from me. However, I'm constantly adjusting materials, so having a "Materials"/"Adj. Materials" button would be much more convenient.

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

At some point, yes. In time for the server merge, probably not.

3 months ago
Report Content
Level: 325

It would be nice if we could dismiss or close the text I highlighted:

It just clutters my long dashboard with unnecessary text.

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm adding a way to hide the "no more lists to add" one .

As to the "no new terms", switch the learning pace to Review, and it'll disappear!

3 months ago
Report Content
Level: 325

I'm adding a way to hide the "no more lists to add" one .

As to the "no new terms", switch the learning pace to Review, and it'll disappear!

I did this and all the text was cleared, thank you

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Might be too much of an ask for scope right now, but - is it possible to customize what gets shown next to the Study button? (Globally, not per schedule, that's too much.)

For example, I'm almost never reviewing the terms list, so the "View Terms" button will see very little use from me. However, I'm constantly adjusting materials, so having a "Materials"/"Adj. Materials" button would be much more convenient.

Ok, so I did get around to this. If you go to Rearrange dashboard, then the settings icon for the schedules, you can order them.

3 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

Hello,

today I added (suggested by renshuu) the next schedule --> N4 Pre-intermediate Grammar, after having completed the N5 Beginner Japanese Grammar a few days back. However, I noticed that this schedule doesn't work the usual way (with lessons), nor does it have the "Lessons in the schedule button". Could you please help me understand if I did something wrong or how could I adjust this? (PS I renamed the schedules, but they're the standard ones from renshuu)

Thank you!

Photo 1: Lessons I expected in the schedule (similar to the previous "chapter")

Photo 2: Schedule with missing link/button

Photo 3: how it was/is for the completed schedule.

2 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Please see the note at the bottom of the lessons on the Japanese Lessons page - it's not finished yet, so the combined pack is not yet available.

2 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

I see, thank you for the quick reply!

Honestly, I hoped the note referred to the N3 and following schedules ...

2 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

Please see the note at the bottom of the lessons on the Japanese Lessons page - it's not finished yet, so the combined pack is not yet available.

… coming back to the topic “reported” above - I understand that not all lessons in the “pre-intermediate N4 Grammar” are finished, but then the existing schedule as it is right now it’s rendered useless (for a beginner at least).

I am not being condescending so please let me try to explain: I went and studied the first lessons in N4 (manually in the Japanese lessons) then, of course I wanted to practice my newly acquired knowledge in the suggested N4 schedule - but lo and behold, the “terms” presented for practice were from somewhere in the second half of the N4 lessons. So, this means without any ordering, I can’t really use this schedule until I haven’t went through all the lessons.

Just wondering if is that complicated to make the schedule usable with the existing lessons!? and add to it each new lessons that is being written. (honest question).

Thank you!

2 months ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 883
I understand that not all lessons in the “pre-intermediate N4 Grammar” are finished, but then the existing schedule as it is right now it’s rendered useless (for a beginner at least).

Having the 2 schedules be connected is a convenience, but it's not actually necessary and the materials are still useable as-is. In your grammar schedule settings you can enable definitions for words you don't know, so you don't NEED to keep up lesson-for-lesson in your vocabulary studies. As with everything else, if you encounter terms in the lessons you want to practice, you can add them to a new schedule yourself to ensure they come up to study first.

Limiting yourself to only studying vocab schedules if you think they're justified by the grammar lessons is going to be really detrimental to your studies; it's important to have a strong vocabulary base and that takes time to build, so you should continuously accumulate words in the background regardless. You don't HAVE to use the pre-made N4 schedule if you don't find it helpful or engaging personally -- there are hundreds more lists under Community Lists for every other topic out there, or you can make your own -- but it's not useless to have that list available to people studying at that level or preparing for the exam, and there's no real rush to replace it with one centred on the Renshuu lessons before they're finished.

2 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

I am not refering to the associated/corresponding Vocabulary schedule, I am talking about the Grammar schedule not being connected to the corresponding Japanese Lesssons yet (as are the ones for N5).

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

2 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

They'll be associated as soon as they are finished :) - looks like we'll be done in the spring!

Also, this thread is about a feature that is no longer experimental, so I'm going to archive it. If there are any other issues about the schedule layout, please add a new thread in the appropriate forum category

2 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana