Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Schedule options gets unticked

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

カリンくん
Level: 339

I don’t really know if this is something that has anything to do with the experimental features, but it’s happening very often for my Vocabulary schedules. Unfortunately I can’t really pinpoint when it’s exactly happening …

The option to “Type/write answer whenever possible” gets unticked for any of my Vocab schedules now and then, and I know this because this is one of my most important ones to tick for each schedule.

What I have noticed today, and this might be a correlation, that when I learned/studied new words on the schedule, the box got some how unticked although on that same schedule, right before the new words, the box was ticked (I verified this). If this is the case and is a feature, I must confess that it’s annoying.

Thank you!

4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

I have heard about this, but I'm hoping that you (or someone else can provide a specific set of steps that takes it from being checked to being unchecked. If you have a set of steps that do that, please let me know!

4 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

So, I managed to crack this - basically this happens whenever a term is removed from the schedule. After the removal of the unwanted term, refreshing the dashboard and the box/option gets unticked. I double-checked.

4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Can you provide a specific example with one of your schedules?

For example:

1. Schedule ABC

2. Tap settings icon, check all, close settings box. Open up again, confirm that it's still there.

3. Looking word _____ in the dictionary, using + menu to remove from schedule.

4. Open up settings via the icon/link, and AA and BB are no longer checked.

(I did try it, but I was unable to replicate it, suggesting that it might be something that isn't present in my schedule).

4 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

yeah … so it seems that there’s something else that unticks the option mentioned above. Today I noticed that all my vocabulary schedules had the option to type/write answers unticked.

Given the fact that I haven’t acted upon all of them to cause this, I am starting to belive that this might have something to do with renshuu itself. Sorry for the confusion and not being more helpful.

4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm sure we'll get it figured out eventually :)

By chance, are you alternating back/forth between desktop and mobile?

4 months ago
Report Content
カリンくん

if by “alternating” you mean using both desktop and mobile during the day, yes I do that.

4 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

In that case, I'm curious as to if you are noticing the issue on just one or the other. There is a setting (under the Mobile category in settings) that will split out the quiz settings for mobile and desktop devices.

3 months ago
Report Content
antimonysarah
Level: 205

Another data point: over the past few days I’ve had this happen several times with my verb conjugation schedule—all on mobile, I have “finish reviews first” on, I happily do my reviews, then I start a learning quiz and it’s all multiple choice. It also resets the choice for which words to use and whether to allow user-created terms. (It’s the only verb conjugation schedule I have, iOS, no desktop logins.)

It only changes settings on that schedule, my adjective conjugation and typing-enabled vocabulary schedules are untouched.)

2 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

@antimonysarah does it happen every time for that pattern?

And let me confirm the set of steps that you are taking:

1. On dashboard, press Study

2. Finish quiz, and on the finish quiz page, you no longer have any to review, so it says "Learn New", and you press that

3. Go into quiz, settings are reset.

If it happens every time, have you tried, on #2, to pop open the settings panel and see if they are checked in there or not?

2 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks to another user, I found at least one instance of this happening, and have patched it. I'm hoping it covers what everyone else was experiencing.

1 month ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana