Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - (Minor) Heatmap bug

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Level: 327

I encountered a very specific bug where my heatmap did not change the icon color when I reviewed the exact number of terms needed:

I saw I needed 6 correct answers to get the darkest blue, so I did a quiz with 6 questions and got all of them right. I went back to the heatmap and it looked like the picture above, so I did an extra review with 10 questions and it turned dark blue after that. This is a very minor issue so I wouldn't fret on it.

3 months ago
Report Content

I wonder if the issue is just that it takes a while for the heat map to update.

3 months ago
Report Content

I wonder if the issue is just that it takes a while for the heat map to update.

I forgot to clarify I closed the app and did other things for a couple hours and came back. I assume it just has a small range of variability before it actually turns the box dark blue, and most users probably won't even notice unless if they're trying to be extra lazy and hit the exact number.

(I also just realized I accidentally posted this in the wrong sub forum, so apologies for the inconvenience.)

3 months ago
Report Content
Rosx77
Level: 183

Something similar happened to me, I did my reviews and closed the app after reading you need 0 more. The next day I went into renshuu again and it said I didn’t study that day at all?! Yet the counter from study quests says that I have 30 day streak which couldn’t be there if I didn’t study that day? Idk I was tipsy that evening but not THAT drunk. Idk why or how it happened but in the discord chat others just said that I shouldn’t be discouraged about missing a day.

3 months ago
Report Content

Something similar happened to me, I did my reviews and closed the app after reading you need 0 more. The next day I went into renshuu again and it said I didn’t study that day at all?! Yet the counter from study quests says that I have 30 day streak which couldn’t be there if I didn’t study that day? Idk I was tipsy that evening but not THAT drunk. Idk why or how it happened but in the discord chat others just said that I shouldn’t be discouraged about missing a day.

I wouldn't fret about it. The heatmap really doesn't do a great job of reflecting your work ethic. I've had days where my MINIMUM heatmap review number for the darkest blue was 300 terms (after studying,) and other days when it was sub-100 (which is not a lot for me. I have lot of schedules though.) I haven't had Renshuu completely wipe a day of studies though, so you may want to file a bug report if it happens again.

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

The heatmap has no lag, so it's not anything like that. Without seeing the data right at that spot (before you finished), it'd be hard to check. My *guess* is that you needed one more term to get it to the darkest blue, and somewhere along the lines, the system rounded the number down to 0 instead of up to 1.

As to the other issue mentioned - if an issue comes up where it looks like you didn't study even though you did, please let me know asap! The discord community is extremely helpful, but only I can actually look into the data and see what's going on :)

3 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana