Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Favourite Japanese musicians?

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Japan, にほん, 日本

Mirii-Chan
Level: 59

I love Japanese music, especially the 90s and 00s - Asian Kung Fu Generation, Sambomaster, Sheena Ringo, Bonnie Pink, Utada Hikaru, L'arc en Ciel, Luna Sea, Alice Nine, Kanon Wakeshima, Capsule, Perfume, Sakanaction, Anna Tsuchiya. And classical musicians like Joe Hisaishi and Ryuuichi Sakamoto...

There's so much great music in Japan. It saddens me that a lot of Japanese musicians aren't well known outside Japan.

Who is your favourite?

3 months ago
Report Content
パン
Level: 118

I don't know a lot Japanese musicians especially not classic but my favorite is Yoasobi

3 months ago
Report Content
HeavyTF2
Level: 245

I'm a big fan of CASIOPEA, Pink Lady, and Saitou Yuki!

3 months ago
Report Content
Level: 152

Roselia, ReoNa and amazarashi are by far some of my favourites~!
But there a lot others I like too, even putting aside other music anime groups, Kishida Kyoudan, LiSA, Aimer, Eir Aoi, Konomi Suzuki, nano... a lot I like~ Basically any rock artist whose done at least two songs I know...~

3 months ago
Report Content
Level: 196

im surprised you didn't mention lamp, they've got some cools stuff. Serani Poji's also got some underrated tracks, most of which aren't on most streaming platforms. you should give it a listen if you like cutsey stuff! /⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\

3 months ago
Report Content
lmfsilva
Level: 253

There's a lot to go around, although I mostly stay with 70s and 80s stuff. The ones I mostly go back to more frequently are Anri (citypop/jpop), CASIOPEA (jazz fusion), DJ Kawasaki (2000s house/lounge}, Fishmans (indie/dub), Gontiti (acoustic guitar duo), Mio Fou (minimal/experimental), Mioko Yamaguchi (80s city pop), Pizzicato Five (shibuya-key), Susumu Hirasawa (electronic), T-Square (jazz fusion), Takako Mamiya (released one banger of a 80s pop album, then disappeared), Toshiki Kadomatsu (fusion/city pop) and obviously YMO and their solo output).

Then there's a lot of anime soundtracks with very good incidental music, some by those previously mentioned, like Hirasawa who worked with Satoshi Kon and did the music for Berserk, Gontiti (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, with Choro Club), others like Shiro Saguso (Kimagure Orange Road), Sugiyama Takuo (Maison Ikkoku), Toshiyuki Omori (Dirty Pair), Kenji Kawai (Patlabor), Makaino Kouji (Rose of Versailles), Nishimura Koji (Stop!! Hibari Kun), and this without getting into op / ed.

2 months ago
Report Content
furtiveenchant
Level: 2

I'm also a CASIOPEA fan and love Japanese music. It's really impressive and has its own character, especially the anime soundtrack.

happy wheels

1 month ago
Report Content
チェシャ
Level: 54

Ado!!!! Her songs r so cool omg,,,

1 month ago
Report Content
Jacksparrow007
Level: 2

Hello Every One I am New Here

1 month ago
Report Content
ロウ (Row)
Level: 217

Hello. I hope you're finding Renshuu useful. In the future, please post your own post in Anything Goes or in a thread for introductions so you don't make other threads confusing

1 month ago
Report Content
おりゃ
Level: 153

If you like classical or instrumental music, I would highly recommend compositions by Yuhki Kuramoto. I found the "Warm affection", "Lake Louise" especially magical.

I also liked the songs by "7 billion dots" ("Fingers crossed", "Nightmare" are favourite) and songs by different singers/groups, for example, "you n me" by Chilli beans, "Twilight" by Sano Ibuki, こんがらがって by , "Happy" by DISH//, "Kaikai kitan" by Eve, "One day" by SPYAIR (haven't watched the anime this song was in, but found this song at the page with Japanese music :D ), by (special feature of this song: it has quite unusual time signature for pop-music - 3/4. It's more often can be found in classical pieces, waltzes, for example. I think, because of it song feels unhurried and thoughtfully-philosophical in some way :) ).

There is also music group "ONE N' ONLY", their songs are also nice, and the style reminds of k-pop a bit. My friend who likes k-pop recommended it :) ("Step up" is very uplifting song).

A lot of wonderful music can be found thanks to Japanese dramas :) For example, main theme from "Sherlock. Untold stories" (played on the violin), "うようにこのは" by Hakubi, "Pray" by Eve, "Shima Kazumi" by Masahiro Takuda from "MIU 404" (instrumental too). "Himura Hideo no suiri" has great soundtracks, that add a lot to the unique and mysterious atmosphere of the series.

1 month ago
Report Content
p
Level: 101

Hello Every One I am New Here

Hello. Welcome to the renshuu community!

PS

I love your nickname.

1 month ago
Report Content
あんこちゃん
Level: 137

kenshi yonezu is a really talented Japanese composer who has composed songs like spinning glove from the boy and the heron, and my personal favourite - uchiage hanabi

i also recommend the songs of ymo/yellow magic orchestra. they're a band from late 1970 to the 80s. one of the members, ryuichi sakamoto, was also a composer of songs like energy flow and merry christmas mr lawrence. (by the way, merry christmas mr lawrence is also really fun to play in the piano for any piano players reading this, although I guess it depends on the arrangement)

edit: oh wait i just realised that you've mentioned ryuichi sakamoto in the original post, sorry about that

15 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Japan, にほん, 日本

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana