Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Furigana displaying weirdly. (Moved)

Top > renshuu.org > iOS renshuu

Furigana for most kanji displays like this to the side for some reason and I can’t find a way to turn it off. I already tried changing the way kanji is displayed in the Vocabulary settings but that didn’t work. Is this a bug?

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Are you using the app (And if so, what device/os version), or a web browser?

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Oh, my apologies - you're on iOS. That is definitely not expected behavior - what iOS version are you on?

3 months ago
Report Content

I’m using the latest 17.4 beta. That might be the issue.

Oh, my apologies - you're on iOS. That is definitely not expected behavior - what iOS version are you on?

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

I have not yet tested it on the beta, so it is certainly possible (although it would still be surprising.) If that's the case, then it's actually a bug inside of safari (which renshuu uses to render the pages).

Let me ask you this - if you open up Safari and load renshuu.org (the website) on there, do you have the same issue?

3 months ago
Report Content

Still the same issue even in Safari.

I have not yet tested it on the beta, so it is certainly possible (although it would still be surprising.) If that's the case, then it's actually a bug inside of safari (which renshuu uses to render the pages).

Let me ask you this - if you open up Safari and load renshuu.org (the website) on there, do you have the same issue?

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

In that case, this may be a safari issue (within the beta). Said simply, the furigana placement is done using very standard html elements (nothing crazy at all), so it's almost definitely not renshuu "programming". I'm hoping someone else on 17.4 beta can chime in. Once I get things calmed down, I can probably spin up a copy of it in an emulator, but the transition to the new server is still taking most of my time.

The sizing on this page is atrocious, but please go here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags...

It should have a kanji with some writing above it on the right side (although not quite sure how well it'll show up on a mobile device). How does it look to you?

3 months ago
Report Content

Looks like this for me.

In that case, this may be a safari issue (within the beta). Said simply, the furigana placement is done using very standard html elements (nothing crazy at all), so it's almost definitely not renshuu "programming". I'm hoping someone else on 17.4 beta can chime in. Once I get things calmed down, I can probably spin up a copy of it in an emulator, but the transition to the new server is still taking most of my time.

The sizing on this page is atrocious, but please go here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags...

It should have a kanji with some writing above it on the right side (although not quite sure how well it'll show up on a mobile device). How does it look to you?

3 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

In that case, it might indeed be renshuu. I'll need to put a pin in this, though, until I'm able to test it out with the 17.4 beta. So sorry about that!

3 months ago
Report Content
タイ
Level: 34

Checking in here. I'm also on the latest iOS beta and am running into this issue.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

Alright - I'm installing the beta on my ipad, will hopefully have some info soon.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

How does it look now?

1 month ago
Report Content
タイ
Level: 34

Seems to be fixed for me! Thanks for your hard work!

1 month ago
Report Content

Works great for me too. Thank you!

1 month ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > iOS renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana