Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Indonesian

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Translator discussion

マイコー
Level: 263

Please use this to discuss (in your native language) issues, ideas, and considerations for the community translation of renshuu in to Indonesian. For example, it would be great to get a list of common terms in renshuu and how to represent them so that I (Michael) can make that information more easily accessible to the translation system.

3 months ago
Report Content
エルシャナ
Level: 295

Question: how do we translate freeze and unfreeze?

In the past days we did agree to translate 'freeze' into "bekukan" on other strings. But I couldn't find any exact translation for 'unfreeze' that doesn't sound unnatural (literal translation will be 'cairkan' which is weird).

anyone still actively translating Indonesian please answer

2 months ago
Report Content

translating 'freeze' into "bekukan" is fine if you mean its literal translation but i personally think it's contextually awkward in this case.

saya membekukan ikan ini di kulkas - i 'freeze' this fish in fridge.

dia dibekukan polisi di rumahnya - she/he were 'caught' by the police in her/his house.

it is my personal opinion. how about translating it from the synonym instead like 'suspend' or 'withhold' (at least this is what i feel close to the context). sorry, i am lacking the vocab of both english and indonesian to be of any help.

2 months ago
Report Content

Freeze as in る unfreeze/melts as in ける?

I think that's already pretty good with membekukan and mencairkan

2 months ago
Report Content

yes, if we're talking about dictionary translation but i am assuming the topic is about UI here.

as far as i know, the word "freeze" is related to at least two things in renshuu, account and schedule. or to be exact, Freeze my account and Freeze schedule button. one of its literal translation would be Bekukan akun saya and Bekukan jadwal.

pardon me, in my opinion "Bekukan jadwal" is kinda awkward . that aside, of course there would be something like Unfreeze my account and Unfreeze schedule which one of possible translation is "Cairkan akun saya" and "Cairkan jadwal".

エルシャな san mentioned it above that "cairkan" is weird in this case.

2 months ago
    Report Content
    Froggie!
    Level: 71

Apa saja terjemahan 'Covered' dalam "You've covered [bla bla bla]"?

Atau apakah lebih baik terjemahanin dengan kata kerja saja?

12 days ago
    Report Content
    Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Translator discussion

Loading the list
    Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
    ■ Katakana ■ Hiragana