Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Can't disable the "Study new terms" challenge

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Level: 514

For the daily challenges, I've turned off the option to study new terms, and yet it's one of the challenges nearly every time, as if it thinks the option is enabled. But no matter how many times I try, I can't seem to turn it off.

2 months ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 263

Sorry for the delay! I added a bit of logging so I can check out the info on when renshuu selects the challenges for you next time. If you could, please do the following:

1. Let me know the next time this happens

2. (now or later) send me a screenshot of all the challenges you have unchecked/checked.

Thanks!

1 month ago
Report Content

Sort of like this?

The challenges should reset at 00:00 PDT (roughly an hour and a half from now). I can post again after that if I need to, but I've had very few days where none of the challenges involve studying new terms (even if I reset the challenges multiple times). We'll see what it does this time. :3

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

Based on that image, I can almost guarantee (but I'll have to see the data for sure) that the following is happening: it does not have enough challenges to populate the three full challenges, and so it is reaching out a bit further to try and get that third one.

Based on your settings, there are actually 4 challenges available (# of correct terms, and 1 perfect quiz, for both vocab and kanji), but the perfect quiz ones are fixed on a specific difficulty level (there are 3 levels that you cannot see - easy/intermediate/difficult, and it gets one from each category each day). So it is probably populating the challenges in an order such that it's blocking them out, then not having enough to choose from.

1 month ago
Report Content

If I choose only one of the challenges (such as choosing only Studying Vocabulary or only Studying Kanji), I've found it often does only give me two challenges, even though there are also occasions where the exact same setting gives me three challenges. It seems 50/50 whether I get the full three challenges with only one thing selected.

If the perfect quizzes are dependent on being only for vocab or only for kanji, I wonder if that's why I had the occasional issue with it not completing the challenge. I would check the challenge requirements, but even when I was sure I met the requirements, it never completed. I haven't seen the issue for a while, though, so I have no idea if being exclusive to vocab or kanji was even the problem.

1 month ago
Report Content

Are there any updates on this? I'm still getting challenges to learn new terms, and I kind of wanted to focus on just reviewing for now.

28 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm so sorry, this completely slipped off my radar. I'll look into it soon!

27 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thank you for waiting. Please give it a try for a few days, see how it goes for you. There *may* be a few of the one-time challenges that pop back up for you, but please don't worry about that.

22 days ago
Report Content

Thank you!

22 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana