Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Experimental: word tags

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

マイコー
Level: 262

This is the placeholder thread for reporting issues with the new word tags system.

1 month ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 884

The link to this thread from the Experimental panel is broken, leads to an error page ):

Haven't dug too deep into this feature yet, but I noticed in the tag suggestion pop-up it specifies a "green" highlight even when colour-blind mode is on and replaces green with blue. There is also no indication that the list of tags is scrollable.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

That's strange - the link works for me.

I adjusted the text to be color-independent.

1 month ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

This is the error that pops up when using the link in the Experimental panel (Android).

There are a few entries in the tag list that aren't in alphabetical order.

Is there a way to view all of the terms with tags on them in the dictionary, or all the words with a certain tag? Seeing examples for each of them would help with getting a sense of what other kinds of words would fit.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

Wait, are you still on the new.renshuu.org url? You can switch over to www.renshuu.org

All words with a tag is coming later, but definitely going to happen. Probably April. The number of terms with tags on them is already 600-700, and will hopefully be in the thousands by year end, so probably not ideal to show them all at once.

I also have a few ideas for facilitating user contributions for the tags, just haven't gotten them implemented yet.

1 month ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

Wait, are you still on the new.renshuu.org url? You can switch over to new.renshuu.org

Was the link meant to go to www?

Regardless, this error is on the Android app, not (new/www.)renshuu.org.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

Then your app may still be on the new url. Try this - long press on the app icon, go to memory/usage, clear everything out, then log in again.

1 month ago
Report Content
Gibolt
Level: 292

1. Machines is at the top of the list. Others are also not alphabetical.

2. There is a tag for Country, but not City or Place. Edit: Found Location.

1 month ago
Report Content
Gibolt
Level: 292

Would be great to add a tag icon in this dialog for anyone with the experimental option enabled, rather than needing a ton more clicks to open the tag list. Maybe to the right of View in Dictionary.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

There are most likely *tons* of missing tags, so I appreciate the suggestions. We (me and several volunteers) went and tagged up the N5 word list, so we made enough tags to get at least 1 for most words in there.

Fixed the Machines issue.

I can tell you what I have planned, though - I'd love the feedback. renshuu is getting more and more things that can be crowdsourced, but for most people, going into the menus for many of these is just too much friction for the result.

So what I'm thinking of is adding and promoting a "volunteer" widget for the dashboard. It'll give you kao garden coins, or something else, and it'll (each day, or whenever the user cycles through it) show a volunteer activity that can be done right there.

So, with regards to word tags, it may say "hey, tap any of the below that match for this word", or it might do "look for as many words as you can that belong in the food category".

I think something like this could also be a good vector for getting responses to user comments on sentences. I respond to all of them now (in time), but I imagine the number is going to far outstrip what I can do, and it may take too long, on average, for someone who is willing to answer to see that particular sentence and respond.

1 month ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

Then your app may still be on the new url. Try this - long press on the app icon, go to memory/usage, clear everything out, then log in again.

This seems to have worked, thanks!

1 month ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana