Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Warning dialog before Study before all new items are seen

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Gibolt
Level: 290

There have been quite a few times, especially when new to the site, that I started a quiz with new words before viewing all of them.

The direct fix would be a dialog warning that not all words/items have been viewed before starting.

An alternate/additional improvement would be replacing the "Study" button text with "Next" until the last item. The button is colored as if it is the intended action.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Thanks for the suggestion. I would not want to replace the Study button and remove the chance to skip that stuff, but adding a warning at some point in the future would be a good idea.

1 month ago
Report Content
Gibolt

For the button, maybe a primary colored Next and a secondary Start, until reaching the end?

Dialog alone should be enough though.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー

Update: about to dive into this - will make it an experimental toggle initially, then bring it to all users after it matures and I get feedback.

30 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Available under Experimental in the settings panel!

29 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Enabled. Can test a bit later

29 days ago
Report Content
Level: 324

Update: about to dive into this - will make it an experimental toggle initially, then bring it to all users after it matures and I get feedback.

I turned the setting on and briefly tested it. Here's a brief explanation of the steps I took for troubleshooting purposes:

1. Opened a schedule to study new terms.

2. Immediately hit "study" without viewing all the terms. The warning did NOT pop up the first time, so it went straight to the quiz.

3. Used the Android back button to undo and go back to the new terms.

4. Hit "study" again immediately after, and the warning popped up.

I'm not sure why it didn't toggle the first time, but I'll see if I can screen record this bug in the near future.

29 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

If you can consistently go into the same schedule and have that happen, let me know which one it is, and I'll jump in and check it.

29 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Worked for me on the first try and every page before the last item.

I did a full refresh with at least a few hours between turning it on. Possible that not refreshing didn't update the value initially, if you went straight to a quiz.

29 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

The logic behind it is fairly simple - it's got that "1 of 20" (or whatever) counter on the top, right? There's basically a "reachedTheEnd" variable that is set to false, and every time that text is updated, it checks to see if the two numbers are the same. If so, sets it to true. (And it checks when you push the button). The only way it should avoid the check is if a)you are using the list layout and not the slides, or b)you don't have the setting enabled.

29 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Encountered an issue with this today on desktop. Was unable to move my cursor from the Study button to the dialog, without having the dialog disappear. This means it would be impossible to skip (even though I didn't actually want to)

Maybe some negative margin would fix it. Screen width is 1132px, if it helps.

24 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

How about now?

24 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Works now, centered over the button.

Do you think you'd be able to replace 'Yes' with 'Skip'? Or maybe 'Start Quiz' and 'Cancel' / 'Keep Reviewing'

21 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

At the moment, that little widget is just yes/no, but I can get that a bit more flexible at some point.

20 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana